Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professions and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for most indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
What you’ll do
Angi connects millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Revenue team. As a Staff Accountant, you’ll be responsible for the daily, monthly, and quarterly review and analysis of revenue for multiple Angi subsidiaries.
- Reconciling cash daily for the subsidiaries
- Work with the Business Development team on maintaining Sponsorship, Revenue Share and Quarterly Rebate contracts
- Create month end invoices for certain affiliates and partners
- Create and import journal entries
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and research issues related to reconciliations
- Prepare revenue and balance sheet variance analysis
- Prepare month end balance sheet and income statement reports for financial review
- Document process for escheatment and handle escheat process
- Prepare quarterly schedules for financial reporting package
- Prepare ASC 606 deferred revenue rollforward schedules
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls and policies
- Assist in internal and external audit process
- Ad hoc analysis and project work as directed by Management
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing additional tasks as needed
To be successful in this role, you’ll also need to have a high level of integrity, maintaining customer and management confidence by keeping financial information confidential, and you’ll need to be able to communicate across all team levels and work collaboratively with both accounting and non-accounting professionals.
Who you are
- 1-3 years of accounting experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA is a plus
- Demonstrable basic understanding of and ability to apply US GAAP
- Strong analytical skills and a strong sense of curiosity
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Accounting systems: NetSuite and Workiva a plus
We value diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges from $50,000 - $60,000, commensurate with experience and performance.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world