Personal development and becoming the best you is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities – both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support necessary to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
This person reports directly to the Global Assistant Controller and will be a remote, work from home opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviewing general ledger accounts and preparing and adjusting journal entries
- Performing monthly account analysis and reconciliation
- Assist with monthly close process
- Performing SOX controls tasks as assigned
- Assist in preparation of internal and external audits
- Own the US Sales tax compliance (registrations/exemption certificates), regular (monthly, quarterly, annual) state, local sales tax and B&O (if any) filings
- Own the tax notices and assessments from taxing authorities and resolving them in timely manner
- Drive the sales tax VDA process and coordinate with external firm to ensure proper VDA reporting
- Manage US Sales tax audits and coordination with auditors
- Accountable for preparation and filing of commodity taxes (GST/HST, QST) for Canada and US
- Create/implement processes in regard to unclaimed properties – to be reported and potential claims
- Work with our Fortive Corporate & State tax team for the annual provision, RTP, and preparation of the annual tax packages (US and foreign)
- Responsible for recording intercompany transactions and reconciling the intercompany accounts and related FX adjustments (if any)
- Ad hoc reporting and performing special projects upon request
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of private company experience
- Able to demonstrate strong critical think in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- General understanding of GAAP, experience with multi-entity environments, and experience operating in a US entity with international subsidiaries a plus
- General understanding of US Sales taxes
- Able to independently analyze financial records and be a clear communicator to the team
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity & problem-solving skills a must
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
At Accruent (a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation), we strive to be on the cutting edge of the software world, providing purpose-built intelligent solutions that raise customer expectations, shift paradigms and transform the way businesses operate and achieve success.
We aim to provide the same transformational growth for our 1,000+ employees which includes a vibrant office culture in major cities like Austin and Amsterdam – and 10,000 customers in more than 150 countries – we know you’ll gain new experiences along the way. In our continued effort to help our teams Grow Without Limits, we provide all employees with the resources, coaching and support they need to reach new heights and experience true professional and personal development – and we do this because we believe it will help us grow as a global company in return.
Every person can bring something incredible to the table, and we can always achieve more together. So, if you are courageous, adaptable, collaborative and interested in becoming the best you, we encourage you to join us for the ride – even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience to fill a particular role.
Explore the path. Join Accruent.
Fortive’s essential technology makes the world stronger, safer, and smarter. We accelerate transformation across a broad range of applications including environmental, health and safety compliance, industrial condition monitoring, next-generation product design, and healthcare safety solutions.
We are a global industrial technology innovator with a startup spirit. Our forward-looking companies lead the way in software-powered workflow solutions, data-driven intelligence, AI-powered automation, and other disruptive technologies. We’re a force for progress, working alongside our customers and partners to solve challenges on a global scale, from workplace safety in the most demanding conditions to groundbreaking sustainability solutions.
We are a diverse team 17,000 strong, united by a dynamic, inclusive culture and energized by limitless learning and growth. We use the proven Fortive Business System (FBS) to accelerate our positive impact.
At Fortive, we believe in you. We believe in your potential—your ability to learn, grow, and make a difference. At Fortive, we believe in us. We believe in the power of people working together to solve problems no one could solve alone. At Fortive, we believe in growth. We’re honest about what’s working and what isn’t, and we never stop improving and innovating.
Fortive: For you, for us, for growth.
Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. Fortive and all Fortive Companies are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should ask to speak with a Human Resources representative to request an accommodation.