Staff Accountant II - Accounts Payable (Open to Remote) at Daxko
Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.Job Description
The Staff Accountant II - Accounts Payable is responsible for owning the expense sections of the Income Statement, along with various balance sheet reconciliations. This includes coding expenses, reconciling cash, and analyzing financial reports. This role will also play a big part in the financial close process each month by handling schedules, reconciliations, and performing analysis. The Staff Accountant II - Accounts Payable should have a strong work ethic and robust problem-solving skills to add to the existing team. This position must be thorough, self-managed, and interested in taking on multiple responsibilities within our fast-growing technology company.
The Staff Accountant II - Accounts Payable reports to the Controller.
- Assist the Controller with the month-end closing process
- Record accounts payable transactions
- Interact with vendors to reconcile account balances
- Administer and approve expense reimbursements
- Reconcile cash on a weekly and monthly basis
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Perform various balance sheet reconciliations including bank accounts, accounts payable, accrued expenses, prepaids, fixed assets, and other balance sheet accounts
- Perform special projects, and ad hoc reporting and analysis to support business efficiencies, growth, and financial operations
- Analyze balance sheet and income statement fluctuations to validate the accuracy of our financial statements
- Assist with external audit
- Assist with year-end 1099 processing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Sharp time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and accounting best practices with the ability to apply both every day in a practical manner
- Strong Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Bonus Points for:
- Five (5+) years of financial accounting experience
- Master’s in Business Administration, Accounting or other relevant field
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Experience with Intacct, Salesforce, or Concur is a plus
- Experience within a software or technology company
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
🏝 Flexible paid time off
⚕️ Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
💪 Monthly fitness reimbursement
🤑 401(k) matching
🍼 New-Parent Paid Leave
🏖 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
👖 Casual work environments
🏡 Remote work
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.