Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.Job Description
As a Staff Accountant at Daxko, you are responsible for owning the expense sections of the P&L, along with various balance sheet reconciliations. This includes coding expenses, reconciling cash, and analyzing financial reports. You should have an excellent work ethic and adept problem-solving skills to add to the existing team. To be successful in this role, you must be thorough, self-managed, and interested in taking on multiple responsibilities within our fast-growing technology company.
The Staff Accountant reports to the Controller.
NOTE: This position will be based out of our Birmingham, AL office and will require some on-site work; however, you will not be required to come in every day.
In your day-to-day, you will also...
- Assist the Controller with the month-end closing process
- Record accounts payable transactions
- Interact with vendors to reconcile account balances
- Administer and approve expense reimbursements
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Perform various balance sheet reconciliations including bank accounts, accounts payable, accrued expenses, prepaids, and other balance sheet accounts
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis to support business efficiencies, growth, and financial operations
- Analyze balance sheet and income statement fluctuations to validate the accuracy of our financial statements
- Assist with external audit
- Assist with year-end 1099 processing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or another related field
- One (1) year of financial accounting experience
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with an attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
Bonus points for:
- Certified Public Accountant or candidate
- Experience with Intacct, Salesforce, AvaTax, or Concur is a plus
- Experience within a software or technology company
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- New-Parent Paid Leave
- 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Casual work environments