Sr. Tax Accountant at Fluidra North America (San Diego, CA)
Fluidra is seeking a Senior Tax Accountant with experience in tax compliance and tax provisions to be based out of our North America Headquarters in Carlsbad, California.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
The Senior Tax Accountant will:
- Prepare work paper support and federal and state corporate returns, extensions, and quarterly estimated payments
- Prepare tax provision schedules for financial statement reporting
- Potential Sales/Use Tax and property tax assistance where needed
- Federal & state audits & notices
- Interface with other departments and business units to obtain information required for accurate analysis
- Work with third party providers/outside consultants on various engagements
- Research and make recommendations regarding federal and state taxation issues
- Stay up to date on current federal and state tax law
- Ability to interpret legal documents
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and minimize inefficiencies
- Willingness to work overtime near deadlines as needed
WHAT WE SEEK
- CPA certification (active) is preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience, preferably in a Tier 1 or Tier 2 public accounting firm
- Big 4 experience a plus
- Strong tax accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP, tax provisions and tax compliance
- Proficiency with Excel formulas and pivot tables
- Exceptional analytical and verbal/written communication skills required
- Knowledge of Go Systems RS a plus
- General knowledge of IFRS is preferred but not mandatory
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation and knowledge of tax regulations
- Broad exposure to ASC 740
- General knowledge of international tax; Form 5471’s/5472’s and transfer pricing are preferred
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP and/or Hyperion/HFM is a plus
- Must have the ability to think and work independently and possess excellent time management skills in order to meet goals and deadlines.
- Ability to effectively respond to and interact with multiple levels of the organization as well as outside consultants
- Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field; advanced degree in taxation is preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
An exciting opportunity to dive in and begin your career with a company that offers a competitive total rewards package that includes:
- Alternate work week schedule (EVERY OTHER FRIDAY OFF!)
- Flexible vacation
- Hybrid schedule
- Full range of health benefits including medical, dental & vision, short & long-term disability
- 401(K) matching (100% of first 3% contributed, 50% of the next 2%)
- Health and wellness programs / gym reimbursement
- Educational assistance up to $7,000 per year
- On-site self-service café / free gourmet coffee stations
- Company sponsored FUN events!
- On-site gym, ping-pong, foosball, outdoor bocce ball court, BBQ & firepit
- Generous product discounts
WHY WORK FOR FLUIDRA?
We’re an industry‐leading, global company with a legacy of innovation. Offering an extensive array of quality‐designed pool and spa equipment, our portfolio includes some of the most trusted brands in the business: Polaris®, Jandy®, CMP, S.R. Smith, and Zodiac®. We also sell products under the Cover‐Pools®, iAquaLink®, Grand Effects® , Dell® and Nature2® names.
Recognized as the foremost provider of reliable and visionary pool equipment, our reach extends worldwide across both the residential and commercial pool and wellness markets. We now have over 7,000 employees, a presence in over 45 countries and the combined resources to accelerate innovation in critical areas like energy-efficiency, robotics and the Internet of Things.
Our focus is on creating the perfect pool and wellness experience responsibly. We take our mission to heart, and our employees embody the passion for results, teamwork, and user focus that get us there.
In the pursuit of product excellence, Fluidra takes its corporate values to heart. We implement these guiding principles in everything we do: passion for success, honesty & trust, customer collaboration, teamwork, learn and adapt, excellence and Innovation.
For a deeper dive into our corporate culture, click here.