Sr Revenue Accountant at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
What you get to do in this role:
- Hands-on deal consulting, working daily with our Sales and Sales Operations teams providing revenue and policy guidance via partnering with our global deals desk
- Perform risk-based contract reviews ensuring products and related terms are properly reflected in our ERP reporting systems
- Collaborate with the FP&A and Sales Finance group on revenue / SaaS metrics forecast and projections
- Prepare revenue accounting memos in compliance with US GAAP
- Work with a multi-national team, collaborating to effect efficiency, effectiveness, and teamwork
- Identify and implement process improvements, we are a fast-growing company and consistently reinventing our processes to keep pace with our growth to ensure scalability
- Implement controls and evaluate actions required for compliance with ServiceNow revenue recognition accounting process, including the bookings and billings process
- Provision and creation of training on revenue recognition rules and policies to partners (Sales, Deal Desk, Legal and Sales Ops) and any other departments
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 4+ years prior work experience in Accounting, Finance or related fields
- Previous experience with hands-on deal consulting is strongly preferred
- Big 4 accounting firms or experience with a SaaS Company is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and across various functions to meet deadlines
- Creative mind set to solve big-picture problems while remaining detail-oriented to solve the smaller ones
- Proficient with Microsoft office, especially Excel
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.