Sr. Revenue Accountant (Remote Eligible) at Okta
Okta is seeking a strong Senior Revenue Accountant with a positive attitude and affinity for process improvement within a fast-paced organization. This role will work closely with cross functional teams to ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of revenue. This role will report into the Manager of Revenue Accounting and will focus on supporting the team in the day to day operations of revenue accounting. The ideal candidate has experience with multiple performance obligation arrangements, complex revenue transactions, can think strategically from a process perspective while carrying a strong execution mindset to deliver against established plans.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support operationalization of ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers and upstream processing within RevPro Revenue Management System
- Partner with cross-functional groups across the business to drive best practices in revenue
- Research accounting guidance and document Company’s position on various revenue transactions
- Perform revenue month-end close activities: prepare journal entries and reconciliations
- Prepare support for monthly close package and internal/external quarterly audit requests
- Review sales arrangements to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards
- Assist in Sales Order quality control to ensure accuracy of order processing and to identify revenue risks
- Review Professional Services arrangements and ensure accuracy of set up in system
- Assist in design, implementation, execution, and documentation of key revenue controls
- Ad hoc requests as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience, with both Big 4 public accounting and industry experience in the SaaS/software industry preferred
- CPA preferred
- Working knowledge of ASC 606
- Experience in application of internal controls
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective communicator able to convey and present information in a concise and well-organized manner
- Demonstrates high performance standards, passion for excellence and continuous improvement
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Strong Excel skills required
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce CPQ, and RevPro preferred
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.