Sr. Payroll Specialist (Remote) at Emsi Burning Glass
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:43 p.m. (CST) on Saturday, May 7, 2022
Emsi Burning Glass is the world’s best labor market data available to professionals in higher education, economic development, workforce investment, talent acquisition, and site selection. Our data, which covers more than 99% of the workforce, is compiled from a wide variety of government sources, job postings, and online profiles and résumés. Our amazing clients use Emsi Burning Glass data to solve a variety of problems: align programs with regional needs, equip students with career visions, understand regional economic and workforce activity, and find and hire the right talent. We serve clients across the US, the UK, Canada, and Australia. Headquartered in Moscow, Idaho, in the heart of the beautiful Palouse region, Emsi Burning Glass also has offices around the US and in the UK.
Emsi Burning Glass is seeking a talented Senior Payroll Administrator to support the company’s growing global payroll activities. The candidate will help develop scalable processes, oversees payroll systems and ensure timely and accurate global payroll submission and reporting. The position is part of our global accounting team and will interact closely between Finance and Human Resource departments to provide accurate and timely management reporting. This role reports to the Manager of Payroll and Benefits.
- Manage and ensure disbursement of multi-state, global payroll across the company and coordinate payroll processing with the outside service provider
- Work with department leads to ensure the accurate reporting of time and attendance prior to each payroll processing period
- Ensure accurate calculation of wages, tax withholdings, and company deductions
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, laws and best practices
- Complete applications for income, withholding and unemployment tax accounts in new jurisdictions (state and local).
- Perform quarterly tax filing, year-end processes, and issuant of W-2.
- Perform payroll payments and account reconciliations.
- Coordinate with HR and Accounting to verify employee data and accounts.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across all levels within the organization.
- Multi-state payroll experience
- Experience with ADP payroll systems preferred
- Demonstrate knowledge of multi-state and Federal Labor laws, pay practices and policies
- Solid understanding of payroll operations including transactions such as 401K compensation and contribution funding and limits, incentive/bonus/benefit offerings, multistate payroll regulations, etc.
- A strategic planner with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be a team player with a strong sense of ownership for your work and an enthusiastic self-starter. You will enjoy wearing “many hats” and excited to take on new challenges and comfortable being uncomfortable in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
Our Core Values
· Partner with Customers
· Operate as a Team
· Sustain our Company
· Work with Gratitude
Emsi Burning Glass is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
More Information on Emsi Burning Glass
Emsi Burning Glass operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Moscow, ID and Boston, MA. Emsi Burning Glass was founded in 2000. It has 343 total employees. To see all 39 open jobs at Emsi Burning Glass, click here.
Read Full Job Description