Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.Job Description
As a Senior Payroll Administrator, you are responsible for the accurate and efficient administration of Daxko’s full-cycle payroll, but honestly, at Daxko this is SO much more than just a function. You have the knowledge, the ownership and pride in your work and craft. You should also have the desire to help team members find an answer and the interpersonal skills to work well with others across the company. Furthermore, you love to problem-solve and thrive on finding efficiencies and improved processes.
The Senior Payroll Administrator will report to the Controller.
NOTE: This position will be based out of our Birmingham, AL office and will require some on-site work; however, you will not be required to come in every day.
In your day-to-day, you will also:
- Process semi-monthly salary and bi-weekly hourly payroll, using ADP, ensuring accurate calculation of wages, tax withholding, and company deductions, in a timely manner.
- Maintain team member profiles and payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data
- Balance payroll for audit and reconciliation, verify timesheets, overtime calculations, and ensure deductions are properly applied
- Provide payroll information and assistance to team members with questions and requests
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Administer federal, state, and local unemployment and income tax accounts in multiple state jurisdictions.
- Complete year-end review including production of accurate W2s, and closeout of payroll.
- Prepare schedules for exempt and non-exempt payroll, holidays, and timesheets
- Submit monthly and semi-monthly payroll and benefit journal entries to accounting. Work closely with Accountants to provide needed reconciliation or support.
- Develop and execute payroll integration for new acquisitions
- Manage funding of 401K plan, Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account Benefits
- Review unemployment forms, investigate team member issues as they arise, handle employment verification requests, and work with the People team to process termination paperwork
- Produce compensation and related reports as requested by leadership from ADP Analytics and Reporting module
- Partner with Benefits Administrator to manage ACA compliance with Worxtime and provide YE 1095C to team and reporting to Federal Government
- Bachelor’s degree, or mixture of education and experience
- Five (5+) years of ADP WorkforceNow Payroll experience
- Proven ability to create efficiencies and improved processes
- Solid understanding of payroll and payroll tax law is a must
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience in report generation including queries and report writing tools
- Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-team communication skills
- Desire and ability to provide exceptional customer service to internal customers
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with an attention to detail and a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment.
Bonus points for:
- International payroll experience
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) or other payroll certification preferred but not required
- Working understanding of health care reform, benefit compliance and administration
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- New-Parent Paid Leave
- 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Casual work environments
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.