Sr. Payroll Accounting Manager at Zscaler (South Bay)
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company's cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler's purpose-built security platform puts a company's defenses and controls where the connections occur-the internet-so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
Employee must reside in PST timezone.
- Oversee and review semi-monthly US and Canada Payroll processing for about 1400 employees (and growing!)
- Oversee and review processing of out of sequence payrolls during open stock trade windows or when otherwise needed
- Manage a team of two payroll professionals
- Periodically review and evaluate US and Canada payroll processes. Propose and manage change implementations when necessary to improve Payroll efficiency and accuracy
- Oversee timely preparation of Payroll journal entries
- Manage monthly and quarterly Payroll-related close activities including preparation of accrual entries (Vacation, Severance, Corporate Bonus, etc.) and accrued compensation account reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly US and Canada cash forecast and semi-annual ESPP contributions projection
- Own US and Canada Payroll related Internal Controls. Partner with Internal Audit team to ensure effectiveness of Controls, Payroll Compliance and Financial Reporting Risk Mitigation.
- Oversee timely performance and documentation of Payroll-related Internal Controls as defined by control language. Periodically review and propose necessary changes or updates to control procedures in collaboration with Internal Audit
- Form strong cross-functional partnerships and alliance with People Operations, Stock Administration and Finance to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness of Payroll processing and compliance
- Assist with Payroll implementation and automation projects. Partner with International Payroll team for implementation of a Global Payroll System. Ensure optimization of current integration of ADP WFN Payroll with SuccessFactors HRIS through partnership with People Operations
- Manage quarterly reviews and annual financial audits performed by Zscaler's external auditors related to US and Canada
- Oversee Payroll-related 401K and Worker's Compensation audits
- Manage other ad hoc projects as deemed necessary
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- CPP designation is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of payroll processing with at least 4 years of managing a team of payroll processors in a hyper-growth, public high-tech organization
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of best Payroll practices plus Payroll tax compliance requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive experience with ADP WorkForce Now Payroll platform. Experience working with other Payroll systems is also desirable
- Experience with NetSuite ERP is strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is required
- Managing prior Payroll, HRIS or Expense Reimbursement system implementations is highly desirable
- Highly energetic and positive attitude with a teamwork mentality
- Able to operate in a fast paced, hyper growth environment by managing priorities and collaborations with other team-members while keeping focused on data accuracy and confidentiality
- People and Result oriented
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com .
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.