Atlassian is seeking a driven and seasoned Senior Manager, Technical Revenue Accounting to join our Global Revenue Accounting Team. You will provide technical accounting expertise on IFRS 15 or ASC 606 and engage with the business to provide revenue recognition guidance on a variety of areas including contract templates, non-standard contract clauses, refund policies, new product introductions and strategic revenue initiatives. You will also be responsible for consulting, researching, and documenting the Company's revenue accounting positions as well as communicating them to varying levels in the organization and external auditors.
You're a great fit for this role if you have an in-depth knowledge of quote to cash accounting operations with everything revenue related. You are solution oriented, have strong business acumen, and can simplify complex problems in your communication (both oral and written). This role reports to our Head of Revenue Accounting who is invested in the continued development of the team and your career.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Ensure desirable revenue accounting results and provide revenue recognition guidance on our most complex revenue transactions.
- Act as a key business partner and collaborator to Sales, Legal, FP&A, Commerce, and Strategic Business Operations . Lead trainings on how to apply revenue recognition guidelines at a high growth SaaS company.
- Draft and/or review technical memos to conclude on the Company's key revenue conclusions.
- Lead the continuous improvement of the Company's revenue policies.
- Assess new product offerings and go-to-market strategies for technical revenue considerations.
- Identify and drive process improvements as they relate to the contract review and the overall Quote to Cash process.
- Consult with the operations teams to develop scalable system solutions for the revenue recognition of new and existing products.
- Ensure the team maintains knowledge of current accounting standards and SEC reporting requirements as it relates to revenue recognition.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7+ years of revenue experience with 3 years minimally in a technical accounting role, ideally with experience with Public Companies
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP / IFRS and primarily revenue recognition standards (ASC 606/IFRS 15)
- Excellent research abilities, strong technical writing skills, and experience/ aptitude in various challenging revenue recognition topics
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about issues, leading to recommendations and action plans
- Excellent interpersonal skills (oral and written) and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels at the company
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- BA/BS degree in Accounting. CPA or equivalent is preferred, but not required. Experience with a Big-4 accounting firm is strongly preferred.
More about our team
We are a high-performing global and diverse team with a mix of industry, operational, and Big Four experience. Our responsibilities include ownership of the Global Quote to Cash accounting process, ownership of the Finance business enablement for all go-to-market business initiatives and all cross-functional transformational initiatives in the Quote to Cash space. We empower decision-making at every level, value new insights, and promote open communication. You'll join an extraordinary team that is passionate about Atlassian, its products, and its customers.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.