Sr. Manager, Revenue Technical Accounting at Zscaler
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.Job Description
We are looking to add a Senior Manager of Technical Revenue Accounting to our Revenue team. Looking for a candidate with a positive attitude, highly motivated to learn and grow within the organization with proven ability to thrive successfully in a fast-paced multitask oriented environment.
This is a high-profile position that will play a critical role as the subject matter expert in technical revenue accounting (ASC 606), and will be an entrusted cross-functional business partner supporting the Revenue team. This role will report to the VP of Revenue Operations and will be responsible for any technical accounting matter related to revenue, drafting and finalizing memos, and revenue policy in accordance with ASC 606, and communicate our position cross-functionally and to our internal and external auditors.
Ideally, this position will be based in our San Jose headquarters, but flexible to work remotely. Minimal travel may be required (when future conditions permit).
- Be the key technical accounting resource for the Revenue team
- Perform research of authoritative and interpretive literature applicable to non-recurring transactions as they arise
- Assess and implement new and updated accounting standards
- Prepare and maintain technical accounting memos and revenue policy document
- Present and defend the Company’s position for critical accounting issues with external auditors
- Direct and assist in special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent practical experience
- CPA/CA with a minimum of 6 years progressive accounting experience, with previous role as a revenue manager preferably in the SaaS industry, or an Audit Manager (within the technology sector) of a Big-Four accounting firm
- Strong technical accounting background with knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting standards
- Ability to conduct technical accounting research, document findings with minimal guidance, and draft technical accounting memos in accordance with ASC-606
- Proactive with identifying and resolving issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact and build relationships across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently, complete work timely, and be a collaborative team player
- Professional knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – primarily Excel and Word
- Strong organization skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.