Sr. Manager Legal Systems and Technology (Remote Eligible) at Okta
Okta is seeking a Sr. Manager Legal Process and Technology to join our Legal Operations Team in the Legal Department, reporting to the Senior Director, Legal Operations and Corporate Counsel to be the business owner of Okta’s Legal technology. In this role, you will be an integral member of the Legal Team, driving existing technology, initiatives, and roadmaps with an eye towards increasing efficiency and effectiveness. You will have the opportunity to provide business support and improve processes, tools, and technologies while working cross-functionally with Legal, Business Technology, Finance, and Procurement. You will collaborate with third party vendors and internal stakeholders to plan and implement innovative technologies while keeping business technology counterparts in loop to drive the development of world-class legal technology solutions.
- Own and manage the portfolio of tools, applications, and systems used by the Legal Team, including e-billing, contract lifecycle management, eDiscovery, export control, and compliance tools and systems.
- Manage vendor selection, implementation, testing, global rollout, and training for any new tools, applications, or systems in collaboration with system SMEs, Business Technology resources, and trainers.
- Understand existing and upcoming business requirements to identify new tools and enhancements to increase the productivity of the team, including collaborating with legal stakeholders to review manual operations and drive increased automation where possible.
- Drive adoption, understanding, and effective use of new and existing technology solutions.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to assist in the overall strategic direction of the technology roadmap as part of the Legal Operations team strategy.
- Work in close collaboration with Okta's Business Technology team to manage technical issues as they arise including escalations.
- Own user acceptance testing [UAT] for the tactical changes and large Legal tech project
- Manage budgets owned by the Legal Team related to legal tools, applications, and systems.
- Build subject matter expertise and stay up to date on technology trends to ensure that Okta's legal tools, applications, and systems reflect best practices and latest standards.
- Understand reporting and analytics to work with SMEs to drive data driven decision-making across the Legal Team.
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic credentials or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience in technology focused projects in roles such as: project management, operations, technical operations, and or systems administration; preferably in a legal department or at a law firm.
- Strong working knowledge of tools, applications, and systems and proven ability to manage technical execution, implementation of new tools, and change management for large company or department wide programs, preferably in Legal department settings.
- Ability to identify and understand business problems, develop priorities, and recognize opportunities for automation and process improvements.
- Experience with managing a budget and general project management in a technical environment.
- Experience building relationships and collaborating cross-functionally with individuals with varying technical knowledge and ability to clearly communicate, present, and influence technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity with SOX or other internal compliance control framework.
- Excellent organization skills and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and deliver in accordance with deadlines and budgets.
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinker with a proactive, business-minded approach to technology.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.