Sr. Manager, External Reporting & Technical Accounting at WellSky (Kansas City, MO)
The Sr. Manager, External Reporting and Technical Accounting primarily responsible for WellSky’s financial reporting and technical accounting documentation. Additional responsibilities include supporting the monthly financial review process and the development and implementation of automated reporting processes throughout the accounting and reporting organization.
A Day in the life!
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Prior SEC reporting experience
- Monitor new accounting pronouncements and SEC developments, build project plan and lead implementation efforts, including creation of required disclosures and management/accounting personnel education.
- Assist with the development and review of financial policies in response to operational changes or technical accounting requirements.
- Research and conclude on accounting for non-routine, complex transactions in accordance with U.S. GAAP, including preparation of technical memorandums that frame the issues/questions, analysis, and conclusions.
- Support external and internal audits related to quarterly reviews, the annual audit, and complex accounting areas.
- Ensure compliance with key financial reporting SOX controls and maintain updated process narrative documentation.
- Review interim and annual disclosure checklists to ensure compliance with requirements (GAAP, Reg S-X).
- Prepare consolidated balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow analytics for internal control purposes and for review by external auditors.
- Responsible for certain technical accounting areas, including equity-related areas such as share-based compensation and earnings per share.
- Support the preparation of quarterly Audit Committee presentations and schedules.
- Partner cross-functionally with finance, legal, tax, operations, and other stakeholders to identify and resolve accounting and financial reporting matters.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and lead initiatives to refine and streamline the financial reporting process.
- Lead or participate in special projects as needed.
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and public accounting experience required (Big 4 preferred)
- 6-10 years of experience in technical accounting and financial reporting; preferably a public/private mix
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer (laptop)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with Oracle Fusion
- Experience with Workiva or similar software
- Software Industry experience preferred
- Experience with ASC 805 Business Combinations
WellSky is a technology company leading the movement for intelligent, coordinated care worldwide. Our next-generation software, analytics, and services power better outcomes and lower costs for stakeholders across the health and community care continuum. In today’s value-based care environment, WellSky helps providers, payers, health systems, and community organizations solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, harness the power of data analytics, and achieve better outcomes by further connecting clinical and social care. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks, cell therapy labs, blood centers, home health and hospice franchises, post-acute providers, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates clients’ needs and innovates relentlessly to ultimately help more people thrive.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, a new Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
As of December 8, 2021, as a condition of employment, all US-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.