Sr. Internal Auditor at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primar y Purpose:
Supports the Global Internal Audit department with all aspects of its responsibilities. Such responsibilities include global and divisional risk assessment, audit planning and scoping, audit execution, discussion of risks and controls with management at all levels of the company, creation of audit reports for distribution to senior management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, and completion of various risk-related consulting engagements in partnership with the business, including plant, divisional, and corporate management to address strategic, operational, and financial risks.
- Collaborates closely with management and other internal audit department team members to:
- Assess strategic, operational, IT and financial risks, review related internal controls, and make recommendations on process and control effectiveness and efficiency improvements.
- Assess the accuracy of external financial reporting and compliance with governmental and regulatory rules and regulations, including performing testing to assess compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Conduct special projects as assigned by management, the Audit Committee and/or the Internal Audit Department. Independently collects and analyzes data, evaluates information and systems, and proposes project management solutions.
- Performs all phases of internal audits and consulting engagements in accordance with department and professional standards, at times with minimal supervision. Specifically, the Senior Auditor, will:
- Lead and/or support the determination of the audit objectives and scope through risk assessment, technical research and discussion with operating management and other audit team members.
- Lead the development of detailed audit programs to cover the audit objectives included in the scope of the audits.
- Perform and document all procedures, including process research and risk assessment, information gathering and frequent communication with operational management at various levels, necessary to satisfy identified audit objectives.
- Clearly communicate audit results to management in a timely manner; including performing impact assessment and development of management action plans to drive efficiency and reduce risk, for distribution to executive and operating management and the Audit Committee.
- Coordinate with management regarding prior audit observations, ensuring management action plans have been implemented.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships within the department, the division and the company. This includes ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, manage time effectively, while maintaining a positive and productive work environment.
- Interfaces with multiple departments and varying levels of management.
- Leads and/or supports the collaboration and coordination of planning, execution and reporting efforts with the Company’s external auditors as it relates to SOX testing and other co-sourced auditors on other audit and consulting projects.
- Leads and/or supports internal knowledge sharing and training on skills and experiences gained throughout audit and consulting engagements, to contribute to continuous growth and improvement of the team.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or graduate degree level education or work-related experience.
- Job-related experience: 5 years minimum
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or other relevant professional qualification are encouraged and considered a plus but not required.
- Ability to understand complex processes, associated systems and tools and be able to identify and gather pertinent data from ERP and other systems and other sources.
- Industry related experience in the manufacturing environment is considered a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices is considered a plus but not required.
- Ability to work independently within parameters set by management, as well as operate and contribute in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.
- Contemporary risk management and control techniques and frameworks.
- SOX compliance in relation to design and operational effectiveness.
- Familiarity with common indicators of fraud.
- Strong planning, project management and organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple priorities.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 77,500 - 115,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 11
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans