Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
About the Role
The Assurance FP&A team is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst that thrives in a fast-paced, analytical, collaborative environment, supporting an innovative and rapidly growing company. The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Finance Manager and will play a key role in the execution of the resource optimization function.
The resource optimization function plays a critical role as the company continues to expand its businesses and works to achieve its growth objectives. Responsibilities include ongoing expense forecasting and management reporting for multiple business functions. In this role, the successful candidate will interact closely with business leads to gain an understanding of business needs and provide insights to allow for real-time, informed investment decisions. Furthermore, the analysis and insights will support the Senior Leadership team in company-wide decision making and resource optimization. The role will also involve implementing technology solutions to drive more efficient processes.
Both Assurance and its Finance team are built upon a foundation of world-class technology, data science and human talent that are combined to solve tough business problems through the generation of insights and execution. The right person for this role thrives in an ever-changing environment and leveraging both an analytical and financial lens in problem solving.
- Collaborate with product lines and business function leads to manage dynamic budgets
- Provide real-time expense reporting and analysis on budget plans to actuals
- Work with Financial Reporting team to streamline expense reporting and month-end close deliverables
- Evaluate expense trends and provide insightful analysis to drive business investment decision-making
- Analyze strategic investments vs. expected returns
- Support quarterly forecast processes and deliverables
- Leverage software tools for forecast transformation initiatives
- Identify and implement areas of improvement and efficiency
- Ad hoc requests and projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required – preferably in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or a related quantitative field
- At least 3 years of experience in finance or accounting
- Advanced Excel and modeling skills with demonstrated capabilities
- Experience with SQL query, Tableau and Looker is a plus
- Strong communication, presentation, and PowerPoint skills
Preferred Experiences and Attributes
- Open minded, curious, and eager to learn
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Experience researching and analyzing complex data to formulate recommendations
- Collaborative and team-oriented, work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize concurrent responsibilities and meet timelines
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment.
More Information on Assurance IQ
Assurance IQ operates in the Fintech industry. The company is located in Seattle, WA. Assurance IQ was founded in 2016. It has 1046 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all 26 open jobs at Assurance IQ, click here.
Read Full Job Description