Sr. Counsel, Structured Finance at Opendoor
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:18 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role:
We're looking for an experienced and highly commercial structured finance attorney to join Opendoor to support our Capital Markets transactions. You'll play a key role in structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of debt facilities (warehouses, securitization, and other structured financing transactions), as well as advising on a host of legal issues across Opendoor's products. You will work closely with our Legal and Finance teams on all legal matters relevant for our financing transactions.
- Draft, negotiate, review and interpret agreements covering Opendoor's debt facilities
- Manage multiple deals and support colleagues to ensure business initiatives are executed timely and accurately
- Advise business clients on legal issues and risks, company policies, and business strategy
- Assist in creating and improving agreements, processes and templates as Opendoor continues to scale, develop new products and enter new markets
- Exercise sound judgment when negotiating key business and legal terms
- J.D. from an accredited law school, and member of the Bar (in good standing) in the state in which you will work (or eligible to register as in-house counsel, if required)
- 6-10+ years legal work experience, with mid- to senior-level structured finance and/or securitization experience at a top rated law firm; prior in-house experience a plus
- Deep understanding of capital markets transactions (esp. asset warehouses, securitizations, or other structured financing transactions), with real estate, single family rental, senior/mezzanine financing, and/or mortgage loan financing and secondary sales experience a plus
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and flexibly, and provide practical legal solutions and concrete, easy to understand legal advice
- Must enjoy working with finance and business operations team members in a fast-paced environment
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description