Sr Analyst Finance at Ally Financial (Charlotte, NC)
| Charlotte, NC
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:01 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, January 7, 2023
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
General information Career areaFinanceWork Location(s)601 S. Tryon Street, Charlotte, NCRemote?NoRef #12783Posted DateWednesday, May 25, 2022Working timeFull-time Ally and Your Career Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do - and that's more than some cliche people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people - with interests, families, friends, dreams, and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You're constantly evolving, so shouldn't your opportunities be, too? The Opportunity The Senior Financial Analyst will play a critical role in the financial planning, reporting, and analysis in support of the Lending business of Ally Bank. Specifically, the analyst will execute and support various finance-related activities, including developing an annual budget, forecast updates, reporting and variance analysis of monthly and quarterly results, strategic scenario planning and business cases, and other business analysis in support of Lending strategic objectives. The Work Itself
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial results supporting corporate FP&A activities and deliverables
- Preparation of Monthly Executive Management Reporting and variance analysis highlighting key profitability drivers across products and business units
- Enhance Expense Management and discipline through analysis of key drivers, internal and external service providers and development and tracking of key metrics and KPI's
- Business case development supporting key Strategic Initiatives in support of Ally Lending's long-term growth
- Liaise with key stakeholders including business executives, Accounting and Finance, Risk, HR and Procurement
- Enhance partnership and discipline with business partners and Procurement processes for key spend
- Participate in periodic forecast and annual planning, developing departmental budgets and working with business partners to track results focusing on operating expenses and cost to serve
- Extract, analyze and present complex financial data in a meaningful, insightful manner through effective visualization and organized presentations
- Produce regular and ad-hoc analyses, modeling, reports, and presentations
- 3+ years previous work experience in Finance or related field preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field required.
- Advanced degree or CPA/CFA (or working toward) preferred
- Experience in month-end and quarterly financial close, budgeting and forecasting
- Proven track record of driving for results with minimal ongoing direction.
- Proven track record of influencing decisions with great analytics and financial models.
- Attention to detail balanced with knowing the right altitude necessary to deliver on requirements.
- Energetic and inquisitive, quick learner, takes initiative.
- Ability to work in a complex matrix organization and to operate in ambiguity.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally, and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and childcare discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
More Information on Ally Financial
Ally Financial operates in the Automotive industry. The company is located in Detroit, MI, New York City, NY and Charlotte, NC. Ally Financial was founded in 1919. It has 11000 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 72 open jobs at Ally Financial, click here.
Read Full Job Description