Sr. Accountant at Centria Healthcare (Detroit, MI)
See what it's like...
The below reflects the essential functions considered necessary for a Sr. Accountant and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements inherent in the job or assigned by supervisory personnel. This job description is used as a guide only and not inclusive of all responsibilities and job duties.
The role of the Sr. Accountant acts as an individual contributor with no direct reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The below reflects the essential functions considered necessary for a Sr. Accountant and shall not be construed as a
detailed description of all work requirements inherent in the job or assigned by supervisory personnel. This job description
is used as a guide only and not inclusive of all responsibilities and job duties.
Finance and Accounting Operations 90%
- Partner with the accounting team in developing and executing a vision to improve procedures,
controls, and other initiatives within the department.
- Developing, maintaining, improving, and testing the control environment inclusive of both financial
and operational controls.
- Implement and maintain quality control measures overall financial reporting issued internally/externally by the department.
- Directly responsible for the accuracy, precision, and
timeliness of all financial data.
- Assist with completion of the annual financial audit, ensuring all timelines and objectives are met and the accuracy of information provided to the audit team.
- Analyze existing processes and procedures and provide/execute improvements as needed.
- Partner with the FP& amp; A team to ensure accuracy and understanding of the underlying data used by that team to deliver seamless financial reporting to leadership.
- Dive into our new ERP (NetSuite) capabilities and leverage those capabilities to build reporting, controls, and other efficiencies within the department.
- Ownership of Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Partner with the Payroll team to drive operational improvements.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including, but not limited to: Month and year-end close
These guidelines can be used to make a list of qualifications required (or preferred) to perform the job successfully.Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, required
- Minimum five (5) years of accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification, preferred
- Healthcare experience, preferred
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- G Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Google Meet)
- NetSuite experience, preferred
An initial assessment of competency will be completed during the interview period and evaluated on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Ability to use computers and computer/software programs
- Able to communicate expressively and receptively
- Strong systems aptitude and proficiency, including expert Excel skills;
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process;
- Requires strong quantitative, statistical, and analytical skills;
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data;
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations;
- Highly organized;
- Ability to apply and adapt practices and techniques to the specifications set by senior leadership;
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks, adhere to established deadlines, and produce work that consistently meets or exceeds team benchmarks;
- Results-driven with the aptitude to apply critical thinking skills and problem-solving;
- Proven adaptability with a willingness to work both collaboratively and individually to achieve desired business outcomes;
- Excellent interpersonal, customer relationship, and listening skills;
- Demonstrated strong work ethic with attention to detail, accuracy, and quality;
- Established track record of generating error-free work.
While performing the duties of this job, physical requirements such as bending, reaching and lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required. This role will require sitting a majority of the day as well as walking as standing when needed. This role will require close visual activity on multiple computer screens or monitors and the ability to analyze data and figures on a screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, Veteran status, or disability status. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position. Centria reserves the right to amend this job description at any time, with or without written notice.