Sr. Accountant, DTC at Warner Bros. Discovery (Atlanta, GA)
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team. This Senior Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager and will assist with month-end closing and monthly analytics of actual results. Successful Senior Accountants have a desire to gain a deep understanding of the business and have a customer service mindset towards the various Corporate Functions with whom there is regular interaction. Our team values recommendations on process improvements and standardization to gain greater efficiency and effectiveness within the finance organization.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Month end close activities, including preparation of complex journal entries and supporting documentation to ensure accurate reporting to the GL in PeopleSoft and/or Oracle (including project ledger)
- Prepare and communicate monthly detailed close packages (variance analytics) to CFR Team and management
- Partner with finance/operations business partners to provide support to key stakeholders
- Prepare account reconciliations, analysis, and certifications in Cadency
- Perform and assist with AdHoc and/or special projects, as needed, but expected on a regular basis
- Assist with various quarterly and YE audit request
Qualifications & Experience...
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related business degree with a concentration in accounting is preferred
- Experience with Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, Cadency and/or Blackline is preferred
- Willing to embrace change and explore new ways of working as the company continuously improves its processes
- Highly organized, motivated and possess an eye for detail with the ability to manage multiple projects / deadlines
- Strong desire to meet deadlines and other relevant performance metrics
- Excellent work habits, including strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work independently
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].