Senior Technical Accounting Analyst at Chewy (Miami, FL)
Chewy seeks a passionate Senior Technical Accounting Analyst to join our expanding Technical Accounting team within our Corporate Accounting & Financial Reporting team based out of our Plantation, FL headquarters. This is a key position on the team that leads and facilitates the preparation of technical accounting position papers and other deliverables associated with a variety of accounting transactions. This team member will directly impact how we account for and present complex accounting concepts in our financial statements and related disclosures associated with our external SEC reporting. In this position, you will participate in many aspects of technical accounting and financial reporting and gain invaluable experience as we navigate the fast-growing and evolving e-Commerce industry. You will be an integral part of a world-class technical accounting and financial reporting team by promoting collaboration and business expertise to deliver a high-caliber work product.
What You'll Do:
- Assist business partners in analyzing, monitoring, interpreting, and implementing new and proposed accounting and reporting pronouncements and guidance from the SEC, FASB, and other standard setters to ensure consistent and appropriate adherence to the applicable guidance
- Responsible for providing accounting thought leadership on emerging issues and complex or unique transactions such as business initiatives, new products, acquisitions, etc.
- Provide quality and timely technical accounting research, which includes the preparation of related memos that ensures appropriate accounting for actual and proposed transactions
- Assist with establishing, updating, and documenting accounting policies, practices, and procedures in accordance with US GAAP
- Support business decisions with applicable accounting guidance and analysis
- Prepare and support disclosures for quarterly and annual financial filings with the SEC
- Prepare, review, and perform analysis on periodic, quarterly, and annual internal financial statements and other support for meetings with key stakeholders
- Prepare quarter and year-end audit schedules; liaise with internal and external auditors
- Ensure compliance with internal controls over key technical accounting and financial reporting processes
- Identify process improvements and lead various efficiency projects
- Participate in other projects and ad-hoc analyses and reports, as required
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS in Accounting & CPA required
- 3+ years of accounting and/or SEC reporting experience
- Prior experience from a mix of Big 4 and global companies preferred
- Prior experience with application and documentation of SEC and FASB guidance
- Strong technical accounting and financial analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, proficient in reviewing work prior to submission
- Strong MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Experience working with Oracle and Workiva WDesk is a big plus
- Position may require travel
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected].
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected].