Farmers Business Network® ( FBN® ) is on a mission to power the prosperity of family farmers and rural communities around the world, transforming how the world farms with an integrated, technology-enabled agricultural platform.
We offer high ROI farm inputs, fintech and sustainability products and services powered by network data, and farm-tested insights from our global farmer community. Our platform helps FBN® members make confident decisions to ensure the economic viability of their farms, while also empowering them to be a part of the solution as the global community confronts its most pressing issues: providing food security for a growing population, transitioning to more sustainable agriculture, and responding to climate change.
We are a dynamic, innovative, and mission-driven AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as boundless career mobility. We are backed by top investors, including Fidelity, ADM, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek. We have been featured in these articles by the Wall Street Journal and Forbes , and were also named " One of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World " by Fast Company Magazine.
We are looking for a talented Senior Tax Manager who will play a leadership role in managing the day-to-day global tax reporting and operation of the company. The Senior Tax Manager will come with proven accounting skills, tax technical background, and managerial experience while willing to roll up his/her sleeves to get the work done as necessary. The ability to work seamlessly with other functions such as Accounting, Legal, CX team, and other business units to meet the tax department's goals and objectives is critical. The Senior Tax Manager will manage two direct reports and will report to the Tax Director.
- Manage and review the quarterly and annual global tax provision and all tax related disclosures
- Manage the global tax compliance process from income tax to indirect taxes such as sales, property, GST, etc. and ensuring all returns are filed accurately and timely
- Manage and ensure our transfer pricing policy are properly executed and recorded
- Manage all tax audits to ensure agreed upon timeline are met
- Manage all tax notices and its timely resolution
- Perform tax research and draft tax memo
- Perform tax due diligence and integration of acquisitions
- Manage and oversee existing tax technology currently in use while evaluating new tax technology solutions to increase the efficiency of the tax department
- Assist in implementing tax planning and structuring ideas
- Assist in researching, developing guidance, and implementing processes on the tax implication of new entity, businesses, products, and geographic expansion
- Develop and mentor direct reports
- Continue to develop, refine and improve tax processes and controls
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar discipline
- MS in Taxation, MBA, J.D., and/or CPA strongly preferred
- 10+ years tax relevant experience in a public accounting firm and/or within the tax function of a multinational company
- Extensive experience with the tax provision and compliance process
- Excellent tax technical research skills
- Strong working knowledge of ASC 740
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, and experience with Netsuite and Avalara is a plus
- Proficient with tax research software
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate with teams from different functions and individual at various levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle competing deadlines without compromising the quality of the work
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and organize efficiently to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented while seeing the "big picture" of the task at hand
The following represents FBN's reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $155,000 - $168,000.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
FBN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. FBN considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We participate in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program here .
FBN is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email fill out this form .