Senior Tax Manager (Indirect Tax) at RingCentral
Want to change the way work…works? This is your moment.
RingCentral Glip integrates messaging with video to make conversation, collaboration and connection more meaningful than ever, no matter where or how people want to work.
RingCentral's cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies and customers together. We’re the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in our space - growing at more than 30% every year, with a market capitalization of over $25 billion!
RingCentral Finance careers provide unmatched opportunities for professional and personal growth. You’ll lead change. Build new systems and processes. Collaborate with and learn from the best.
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
Given the business growth, RingCentral is growing expanding its Tax Department! We have a position open for a Senior Tax Manager [or experienced manager with potential for senior manager]. This position will be responsible for performing a wide range of tax and regulatory related functions in compliance and audit for RingCentral’s global operations. This will include sales, use, and telecommunication related taxes, fees, and surcharges in addition to direct and international tax planning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage third party vendor in the preparation, filing and payment of all transaction tax returns including providing data, pre-filing reviews and reconciliation of all global transaction tax returns
- Runs the proper calculation and reporting of various FCC related filings (i.e. Form 499 A/Q, Form 477, Form 480, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with US and International tax law by staying up to date with transaction tax law changes, reviewing and setting up of customer exemptions, and maintenance of taxability of the company’s product and services
- Work with internal and third party software programmers related to tax calculations in a home-grown billing environment to ensure the accurate calculation, collection and payment of transaction taxes
- Run all indirect tax audits, responding to auditors’ requests in a timely manner and defending the company’s tax positions by preparing technical research and memos.
- Maintain SOX compliance and key controls
- Assist the finance and legal team on deal construct
Required Skills and Experience:
- Hands on, quick learner, excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Enjoys a challenge and thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Has a strong customer service acumen and enjoys working in a collaborative environment
- Has a high level of energy, enthusiasm and motivation to make RingCentral successful
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- 8+ years of experience in a corporate tax department, consulting role, or a mix of both
- Advanced degree in relevant discipline is preferred: JD/LLM, Master's in Taxation, MBA or CPA
- Experience managing indirect tax compliance requirements and related processes for a large multi-national telecommunications/technology company with a deep understanding of C Corporation and multi-state concepts
- Thorough working knowledge of tax law, GAAP (ASC 740 and ASC 450), and regulatory requirements (SOX)
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional business partners at all levels and strong oral and written communication skills
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life and pet insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Wellness programs including virtual yoga, bootcamp, meditation classes and more
- Paid parental leave
- Milkstork parental account
- New parent gift box
Say hello to the future of work. And the end of the resume black hole.
We didn’t create Glip specifically for hiring, but we might as well have. No more wondering if your resume was jettisoned into the vast emptiness of space. Sign up for Glip (it’s free, no downloads,) and discover how smooth, informative and great the hiring process can be. So start meeting on www.Glip.com — we look forward to connecting soon.
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.