Senior Tax Accountant - Indirect Tax at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
As a global company with an expanding footprint, it’s exciting to be part of the team. You will play a key role in helping us coordinate the indirect tax compliance process across multiple jurisdictions. You are a team player with a collaborative mindset who can build lasting relationships with counterparts in the Finance team and with our third party service providers.
Having great organizational skills and attention to detail will go a long way in this role. We’ll also have some dynamic tax projects that we’d love for you to help us with.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Responsible for assisting with all indirect tax filings, analysis, and process improvement initiatives
- File monthly/quarterly VAT/GST/Sales tax returns for various jurisdictions in coordination with our external service providers
- Assist with the evaluation of indirect tax reclaim/refund opportunities
- Help maintain sales tax payable account reconciliations and process monthly journal entries
- Proactively keep up to date on indirect tax legislative developments and analyze impact to the Company
- Assist with various projects related to customer billing of sales and VAT taxes
- Assist with VAT/GST/Sales and use tax registrations
- Assist with VAT/GST reclaim on purchases and shipments of datacenter equipment along with ensuring accurate and timely supporting documentation
- Review monthly tax-exemption certificate submissions
- Assist with the management of indirect tax audits and respond to tax notices as necessary
- Assist with indirect tax payment processing across all jurisdictions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and prioritize both internal and external deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required. CPA and/or Masters in Tax preferred
- Three or more years of prior experience with indirect taxation required
- Public accounting experience / Big 4 strongly preferred
- Excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills
- Experience with income tax a plus but not required
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!