Infosec’s mission is to equip all organizations with the know-how to outsmart cybercrime. We help IT and security professionals advance their skills development and certifications while also empowering all employees with security awareness and privacy training to stay cyber safe.
At Infosec, you’ll be surrounded and supported by a bright team – focused on excellence, yet still supportive and ready to roll up their sleeves together. As a quickly growing company, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to be a builder.
Senior Staff Accountant
Infosec is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to join our Accounting and Finance organization as we scale for current and future growth. You will work closely with the broader Accounting team as well as most of our Senior Leadership team as we work to develop a world-class accounting function within the company. You will be responsible for creating journal entries, account reconciliations, system implementations, policy roll-outs, audit support, ad-hoc projects and reporting activities. You’ll help us build a strong infrastructure to support growth and scale (this position is open due to our strong growth over the past year). You thrive in a start-up environment. Your friends and co-workers describe you as someone who gets it done, and is good-natured, analytical, detail-oriented, and insatiably curious.
- Own month-end close process, including development and entry of monthly journal entries, reclassifications and reconciliations
- Provide information and assist with quarterly reviews and year end audit
- Manage sales tax reporting in all required jurisdictions, and research nexus issues to determine potential sales tax reporting requirements and compliance
- Develop and implement procedures and policies to improve financial practices, including internal controls, order-to-cash and revenue recognition
- Collaborate with various stakeholders and vendors to ensure month-end postings are accurate and complete and our underlying processes are robust yet efficient
- Resolve day-to-day and complex accounting issues
- Assist in system implementations and new policy roll-outs
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS or equivalent
- 4-5 years of accounting experience, CPA is a plus
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and procedures, notably ASC606 as it applies to SaaS businesses
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Superior written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with system implementations and integrations a plus
- Highly motivated and able to thrive under pressure
- Team player, with a positive attitude, who is pro-active and owns accountability
- Shares company values and vision and is excited by the challenge of working in a dynamic start-up environment
Why you should join us
- Quickly growing, stable (16 years!) tech company
- Madison Top Workplaces 2021
- Internal career path opportunities
- Competitive base salary and 401(k) with company match
- Health and wellness benefits (medical, dental, vision, short term disability insurance, FSAs, supplemental insurance, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program)
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off for volunteer and charitable work
- Infosec Gives pledge — sharing 1% of our profit, product and time to impact communities around us
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion so all employees feel comfortable and confident bringing their whole selves to work
How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, apply right now! A real human being will review your application and get back to you if you are a good fit. If you are unsure or have questions, reach out to us at [email protected] We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Infosec is an equal opportunity employer.