Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values (the guiding principles that reflect our view on what’s important and what’s right): In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
As a member of the Finance and Accounting team, the Senior Revenue Accountant works cross functionally with many different departments. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation and experience working with billing and contracts, and will work alongside the Accounting Manager to continue to develop the organization’s policies and procedures.
What you get to do every day
- Oversee customer billing procedures to ensure timely and accurate processing of customer invoices.
- Review new customer subscriptions for proper revenue recognition and billing configuration.
- Actively participate in monthly close activities including preparing journal entries and supporting schedules, performing flux analyses and reconciliations as needed.
- Provide high-quality assistance to internal stakeholders regarding collection issues and resolution of customer billing inquiries.
- Coordinate with Finance team members to validate monthly revenue reporting.
- Assist with process improvements to streamline revenue tasks to shorten our close cycle.
- Collaborate with the Accounting Manager to establish collections policy and procedures for uncollectible accounts; analyze options for introducing Dunning workflows.
- Work with external auditors on annual financial audits.
What you bring to the role
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of related professional experience, SaaS/software industry preferred
- Smart, inquisitive, and analytical
- Impeccable attention to detail and the ability to deliver results under deadlines
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel including thorough knowledge of financial, logical, lookup/reference, and mathematical functions
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to adapt your style and language depending on the audience
- An ability to explain key billing, revenue and cloud concepts to multiple stakeholders
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce is preferred
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
The salary range for this role is between $113,000 - $130,000. This information reflects a base salary range for this position based on current market data, and may vary by location. Exact compensation will be determined by the candidates' skills, experience, and other relevant factors. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Employees also receive 100% paid employee health, vision, and dental premiums; dependent premiums are covered at 50%.
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies.
- Monthly work from home stipend; annual wellness stipend.
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech.
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company-wide offsites.
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote.
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, and a Top Company by Y Combinator, we’ve raised $337M and are backed by leading investors, including TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures