Atlassian is seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant to support our worldwide Revenue Accounting team. You will play a key role on Atlassian's operational revenue team through owning key areas of month-end close and financial reporting. You'll support our highly automated revenue accounting processes by leveraging your technical skills and working with our Systems team to continue developing and implementing automated solutions to our growing and complex business model.
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it's necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company. If you think you are ready to be part of an amazing company with world-class talent and superb values, Atlassian might be your next home.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Perform monthly/quarterly worldwide revenue accounting close activities and related SEC disclosures
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive process improvements within the quote-to-cash cycle
- Assist with the preparation of accounting memos and related analyses to document the company's position on technical accounting matters in accordance with IFRS 15/ASC 606
- Participate in the design and implementation of automated solutions to further scale and streamline our revenue recognition process
- Work closely with management and external auditors to ensure the company is compliant with revenue recognition principles under IFRS 15/ASC 606 and SOX
- Assist in the processing and calculation of non-standard customer contracts in our revenue recognition system (RevPro)
- Partner and collaborate with other business teams and help fulfill revenue-related inquiries and requests
We would expect you to have:
- 3+ years of work experience, preferably with public accounting experience supporting public companies
- A degree in Finance or Accounting and are pursuing CPA
- Experience working for a fast-paced SaaS organization
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Excellent Excel skills (Database & SQL experience a plus)
- A strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to rapid business changes that accompanies a high-growth environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work cross functionally at various levels within a company, as well as with external auditors
- A passion for building strong relationships with your team members and working with stakeholders across the organization through a variety of mediums
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.