Senior / Payroll Analyst at TripActions
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated individual to join and grow within our high-performing team as the Payroll Analyst in Palo-Alto . We’re looking for someone who can troubleshoot and handle special requests efficiently. You will partner closely with our existing People team to accommodate the needs of our rapidly growing workforce.
The ideal candidate should thrive in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment and be able to communicate effectively, multitask and prioritize work, and demonstrate accountability. You’d play a key role in assisting the day-to-day operations of the Payroll department.
The Senior / Payroll Analyst will oversee all Payroll processes, ensuring accuracy and timeliness in monies distributed to employees.
This role can be located in the Bay Area or be fully remote.
What You'll Do:
- Processes bi-weekly, multi-state payroll for 600+ US exempt and non-exempt employees ensuring the accuracy of data entry along with coordinating timely close of the payroll transmission.
- Assist with the process and review of payroll related interfaces results
- Assist in special projects including, but not limited to government census completion, validation of earnings for compensation projects
- Responsible for collecting and auditing data from the Time and Attendance system. Ensuring hours are recorded and calculated accurately
- Communicate with Human Resources to onboard new hires on a weekly basis
- System maintenance, including, but not limited to taxes form processing, local taxes, timekeeping input, direct deposit set up, terminations, garnishments processing and employee verifications of employments.
- Calculate and process off-cycle manual checks.
- Produce audit reports, audit registers, accruals and special cases.
- Assist in special projects including, but not limited to government census completion, validation of earnings for compensation projects, W-2 auditing, 401K audit and Workers’ Comp audit.
- Interpret payroll policies and procedures and ensuring full compliance with employment laws. Ability to research new and unknown questions efficiently and effectively
- Effectively assisting employees with payroll related concerns or guidance in a professional manner
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with attention to details
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years experience in a Payroll
- 2+ years Workday Payroll experience
- Knowledge of internal controls required in a payroll and disbursement environment
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
- Ability to manage multiple areas and projects while simultaneously meeting payroll and departmental deadlines
- Ability to identify, analyze, and implement process improvements, including new technology pertaining to payroll and disbursements area
- Bachelor's degree preferred