Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is looking for a highly motivated finance professional to join our finance team and play a key role in our continued growth and achievement of operational excellence. The Senior Manager/Manager of FP&A will be a hands-on yet strategic leader who will manage Coinbase’s financial planning and reporting processes and lead a team of 2-3 professionals.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Serve as a business partner to functional leaders; own planning cycles and provide leaders with insights to manage headcount and expenses.
- Manage the short- and long-term financial planning process, challenging assumptions and ensuring business drivers are clearly understood and highlighted.
- Report and analyze monthly financial results and communicate important takeaways to senior stakeholders, including identifying business opportunities and risks.
- Provide management with insights into drivers of revenue and expenses, as well as risks and opportunities
- Develop financial models, track and analyze financial KPIs, uncover trends and assess business risks and opportunities to provide recommendations to senior leaders.
- Coordinate and lead cross-functional meetings, document decisions & follow up on actions.
- Ensure that the various reporting systems and source data are accurate and reconciled.
- Drive and effectively manage ad hoc projects and investigation as required.
- Collaborate with other functional areas to drive processes forward and increase efficiency.
- Work closely with the Finance leadership team to build the financial infrastructure to support the company’s current and future business requirements
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 6+ years professional work experience with a focus in financial planning & analysis at a top technology and/or financial services company managing full P&L.
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling experience.
- Team player and experience managing a small team.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Need to be able to explain complex processes or models in a concise, consumable format.
- High attention to detail with an ability to multitask in a high growth environment.
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Consistent track record of success and career progression.
- B.S. or B.A. in accounting, finance, math, economics, business, engineering or other technical field required.
- MBA from a top tier school is strongly preferred.
Nice to haves:
- Advanced degree in business or finance.
- Accounting experience or CPA.
- Netsuite, Anaplan, and Google suite experience.
- Passion for cryptocurrency, financial markets, and the Coinbase mission.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.