Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
As a global company with an expanding footprint, we are an agile team. You will play a key role in the review of the quarterly tax provision and will ensure timely coordination of the income tax compliance process globally. You easily adapt to change and can shift focus between multiple priorities. You are a team player with a collaborative mindset who can build lasting relationships with counterparts across various teams and with our third party service providers.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assist with the review and coordination of the ASC 740 tax provision and tax accounting processes
- Prepare financial statement disclosures related to income taxes
- Perform and document SOX controls for tax accounting and reporting
- Review federal, state & local, and Non-US tax returns and estimates as prepared by 3rd party service providers, and ensuring timely payments
- Manage the annual transfer pricing documentation process
- Manage the quarterly tax forecasting along with long range forecasting for TCJA implications and other legislative updates impacting the tax footprint
- Assist in the review and analysis of income and transactional tax requirements
- Proactively monitor and analyze federal, state and local tax legislation that may impact our operations
- Develop and document tax positions
- Approve tax account reconciliations and flux analyses
- Assist with tax audits and assessments
- Drive process efficiencies, including leveraging automation
- Manage special projects, including input and advice on day-to-day tax matters
- Manage the day to day of our Senior Tax Accountant
- You have 10+ years of combined corporate tax and public accounting experience
- You're able to produce timely deliverables and manage multiple and shifting priorities with little supervision
- You have a strong understanding of ASC 740
- You're resourceful and have remarkable analytical and problem-solving abilities
- You sweat the details and can drive projects to completion
- You‘re able to engage and collaborate with other teams across Finance and beyond
- You can communicate complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax personnel
- Tech sector experience preferred; digital service environment a plus
- Experience with Onesource Tax Provision is preferred
- Experience with Alteryx is a plus
- You've got a B.S. degree in Finance or Accounting; C.P.A. or MST strongly preferred
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!