Responsible for overseeing revenue accounting operations for GOAT Group, this role collaborates with accounting, finance and engineering stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure the accurate and timely reporting of revenue transactions. In this critical role, you will also lead the coordination of all relevant stakeholder in the development of key subledgers related to all aspects of sales transactions. This person will be a strategic, detailed-oriented thinker that thrives in a fast-paced environment while working cross-functionally to ensure the success of the company.
GOAT Group is seeking an experienced, highly detailed Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting with excellent communication and strong analytical skills to work closely with the Accounting, Finance and Engineering teams on all aspects of revenue accounting and reporting matters for GOAT Group.
This person will play an integral role in strengthening our general ledger and accounting operations functions while keeping pace within a constantly expanding business. The Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting will be responsible for personal research, preparation of technical accounting documentation, management of external consultants and presentation to key stakeholders on accounting matters as needed.
In this role you will:
- Draft detailed memo’s on new and ongoing technical accounting matters Manage day-to-day accounting activities to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, SEC reporting internal policies, and external audits
- Drive process improvement and automation efforts to streamline Accounting operations and improve the quality of monthly, quarterly, and annual closes, and internal controls
- Make key decisions on continuous development of accounting policies and standard operating procedures
- Execution of non-routine transactions, including but not limited to: application of accounting guidance, preparation of workpaper and journal entries, and walkthrough with relevant stakeholders
- Assist in managing the preparation of monthly financial reporting for management and U.S. GAAP presentation
- Oversee other areas as identified by management, gather financial data to support footnote disclosures and ensure SOX compliance in areas of responsibility
- Work closely with partners in the business, finance and IT, and strive to improve processes through automation and enhance controls
We are looking for:
- 8+ years related experience; A mix of public and private accounting is a plus
- Expert knowledge of accounting policies/procedures, specific knowledge of ASC606
- Significant experience in high transaction volume businesses
- Knowledge of financial reporting requirements for private and public companies a plus
- Strong program management and organizational skills with an ability to plan and perform multiple tasks
- Exposure to Netsuite or other large ERPs and relevant revenue subledgers such as Oracle Accounting Hub
- Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
- Consistent track record of increased responsibilities and scope
- Experience in a high growth, fast-paced startup environment is highly preferred with expert ability to switch between competing initiatives as needed
- High degree of dedication to improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in accounting; CPA required
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description