Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
We are seeking a talented Sr. Manager of Reporting & Technical Accounting with a strong background in GAAP technical accounting and reporting. The Sr. Manager of Reporting & Technical Accounting will be responsible for ensuring proper accounting treatment of all technical matters and consolidating all accounting transactions into GAAP financial statements with related disclosures.
How you'll make an impact:
- Own technical accounting matters including capitalized software, stock based compensation, transfer pricing, local stat accounting and M&A, if required
- Partner with external advisors to lead international expansion efforts from Accounting and Tax perspective
- Project manage corporate and local income tax returns with external advisors
- Prepare consolidated financial statements and related disclosures in accordance with US GAAP
- Identify complex accounting matters, perform necessary research to determine treatment and document treatment in a technical accounting memo
- Manage ASU adoption roadmap and implementation
- Liaise with external auditors and internal teams to ensure alignment on accounting treatment of material transactions
- Create and maintain accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as required
What makes you a good fit:
- Big 4 CPA with 8+ years combined accounting experience
- Experience with technical GAAP accounting and reporting in startup and scaled / public company environments
- Experience in managing and consolidating the accounting for multiple subsidiaries, including proper recognition / elimination of inter-company transactions and transfer pricing
- NetSuite experience is preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate to different levels of the organization both written and verbal
- Problem solver that can make judgment calls and prioritize based on existing knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and pick up new skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with a high-level of accuracy
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/