Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is looking for a Senior Manager Payroll & Equity to fill a newly created position as a key member of the Stock Administration and Payroll team. This role will report to the Director, Payroll & Equity Administration and will primarily be responsible for hands-on management of full-cycle processing of US multi-state and our global equity plans. If you are a dynamic individual with the motivation to oversee a business-critical process and have a desire to grow with a fast-paced collaborative organization, this position at Coinbase is for you!
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Perform full-cycle US payroll processing and assist with exempt and non-exempt payroll transactions on a periodic basis.
- Process off-cycle payments for terminations by timely preparing and administering final checks within state regulatory guidelines.
- Process employee business expense reports and prepare periodic and month-end reconciliation of reimbursements for accounting.
- Assist with internal/external payroll audits and compliance reporting including 401(k) and Workers Compensation.
- Assist with maintaining the Payroll inbox by answering payroll inquiries from employees, management and internal business partners.
- Perform other payroll relevant duties as assigned.
- Support the team responsible for the administration of company equity plans including new rollouts, eligibility, grant approvals, vesting schedules, settlements, expirations, cancellations, repurchases, terminations, tax withholdings and other plan-related actions.
- Partner with 3rd party vendor to manage and timely process stock option exercises, restricted stock units and other equity plan transactions.
- Calculate equity related employee compensation including regular income and gains from ISO, Non-Qualified and RSU grants in compliance with current US tax regulations and requirements.
- Maintain database integrity for all stock activity in source system of record and ensure SOX compliance with reporting and documentation for equity transactions.
- Prepare recurring and ad-hoc data reports as requested from business partners and executive management.
- Perform reconciliation and analysis for all stock activity and assist with quarterly and annual agency reporting, filings, W-2 equity compensation and internal/external audits.
- Support accounting for stock based compensation by providing month-end equity information.
- Partner with internal teams including Legal, Finance and People Operations on all equity plan related matters and compliance.
- Perform other duties and projects related to the equity programs as required.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 8+ years experience with payroll and stock plan administration.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Strong understanding of full cycle payroll and equity transactions.
- Experience with U.S. federal and state taxation relating to equity compensation.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to deliver accurate results under strict deadlines.
- Experience with SOX compliance and procedures.
- Highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Bachelor Degree, in Finance, Accounting or related field of study.
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) designation preferred.
- Experience with Shareworks or similar equity administration software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.