Senior Manager, FP&A- R&D at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Upwork is looking for a Senior Manager, FP&A- R&D to help make sound financial decisions. Your work will include but is not limited to cross functional business partnering, modeling business scenarios, tracking performance measurements and guiding the company for strategic decision making.
You are a highly motivated teammate, have excellent attention to detail, can work cross functionally in a team environment, as well as independently. The person will partner with individual department heads to understand historical and future spending and will be involved with the company’s P&L forecasting and reporting process, monthly close processes and internal reporting.Your Responsibilities:
- Serve as a finance business partner to the Product and Engineering organization and handle departmental headcount, budget, accrual management and development and tracking of meaningful critical metrics to measure efficiencies and return on investment analysis
- Analyze financial data to build models for decision support and guidance
- Forecasting of AWS and capitalized software expense
- Perform variance analysis, identify trends and make recommendations to the business
- Identify and drive operational improvements, creation of ad-hoc reports and dashboards
- Demonstrated experience in a finance related role
- Experience managing department-level/business unit operating expenses (ideally in a technical organization; engineering, product).
- Proven executive presence, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent modeling, reporting and presentation skills (Adaptive Insights, Excel, G-suite experience)
- Problem solver with sound business judgement
- Superb attention to detail
- Consummate team player, with the ability to positively impact those around (both with finance backgrounds and those that do not).
- Consistent positive attitude, with a willingness to roll-up your sleeves and ask difficult questions.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.