Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting & Revenue Recognition (Raleigh, NC)
Locations: Raleigh or NY- Hybird
The work you'll do:
- Ownership over global accounting for revenue recognition including analyzing monthly revenue trends, reconciling revenue and deferred revenue from billing system to ERP
- Partner with the key stakeholders such as legal, finance and deal desk to structure customer contracts in accordance with ASC 606
- Complete month-end and quarter-end close assignments, including reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Assist with account analysis; review and analyzing financial statements and reports
- Partner with the financial systems team to ensure we adhere to the philosophy of "continuous improvement" by always looking for ways to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our processes and systems
- Aid in the automation of our work through being a part of the revenue systems implementation subject matter expert team
- Keep up-to-date on industry trends by continuing to network with peers in the SaaS industry to continue to implement best practices
- Interfacing with external auditors, as needed, specifically around revenue recognition
- Perform strategic initiatives and projects to support the significant growth and scalability of the company
The qualifications you need:
- Minimum 8 years of progressive operational accounting experience
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Licensed CPA and/or Big 4 background a plus
- Prior experience with a cloud based ERP (Netsuite, Workday, Intacct) highly preferable
- Prior SaaS/Software industry experience a plus
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SOX required
- Problem solver with thoughtful efficient and automated solutions
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multi-task
- Confident, good judgement, energy and personality to work in a fast-paced environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies.
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better .