We've all had a recruiting experience that stands out, either because it was magical or 'oh so horrible.' The technology that recruiting teams use to find, connect with, and advance talent often shapes a candidate's experience. Yello's software enables employers to recruit effectively and efficiently. If it excites you to be a part of a team that helps some of the world's largest brands connect with their future employees, then come grow your career with Yello.
Founded in 2008, Yello is a venture-backed talent acquisition software company that empowers Fortune 500 and fast-growing enterprise companies to find the best talent for their organizations - and helps people early in their careers find their dream job.
In July 2021 Yello merged with WayUp, the leading Diversity & Inclusion platform that ensures employers achieve their D&I goals by helping them virtually recruit qualified, diverse early-career candidates. Since 2014, WayUp has worked with employers of all sizes-from Fortune 500s like Clorox and Citi to nonprofits and startups. With over 6M users (71% of whom self-identify as underrepresented minorities), WayUp is known as the go-to platform used by early-career professionals to get hired.
About The Role
This role will be a key asset in the future growth of the company. The Senior FP&A Analyst will be responsible for driving the development and maintenance of the Company's monthly, quarterly, and annual financial forecasting and budgeting processes accompanied by operating plan variance analysis', monthly trend reporting, and special projects. They will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis, and other projects requested by executive leadership. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support for 'optimal' business decision making. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Develop and maintain Yello's annual financial and operating budget
- Support Senior Management with special projects for strategic decision-making (e.g., "what if" strategic analysis, forecasting and/or new product P&L projections)
- Provide forecasts to senior management on a monthly basis detailing any expected variances to the annual budget
- Work with Controller to prepare and deliver monthly results to department heads providing variance analysis and actionable take-aways from the financials and/or metrics
- Work with VP of Business Operations to reconcile data surrounding key metrics such as ARR, New Sales, Churn, and other key metrics
- Maintain a data room of company's key metrics, financial, and other information that would be of interest to investors
- Prepare financial reporting for the board meetings and answer follow up questions as necessary
- Build financial models to analyze new business opportunities and provide insight into the costs and ROI of such opportunities
- Work with accounting to ensure the chart of accounts meets the needs of the business in terms of tracking revenue and spending at the appropriate level of detail
What We're Looking For
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a similar role within software-as-a-service (SaaS) space
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals and groups; must have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented while maintaining a view of the big picture of how various pieces of the company interact with each other.
- Must possess Excel proficiency, including working with VLOOKUP/XLOOKUP, Data Tables, Pivot Tables and Advanced Charting tools as well as exporting data from NetSuite and SalesForce
- Ability to effectively use tools (PowerPoint, Word, Google Docs, Salesforce, etc.) to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter; strong organizational, presentation, interpersonal and collaborative skills are a must
- Proven ability to take initiative to problem solve with resourcefulness and innovative approaches while maintaining a high level of quality
- We are open to remote applicants for this position as long as you are based in one of the states we are set up to do business in: AZ, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, MA, MI, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, PA, TN, TX, VA, and WI
- Employees who intend to work from our Chicago office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status
- You must be authorized to work in the United States. Yello is not offering visa sponsorship for this role.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills