Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!About the team:
The Financial Crimes Team at Robinhood works across a number of verticals in an effort to protect our customers, and ensure compliance with all relevant Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions rules and regulations. As our Team of passionate professionals continues to evolve the program, we are focused on leveraging innovative thinking and technology to create a best-in-class Financial Crimes Program.
As an Associate within the Financial Crimes Governance team, you’ll play a crucial role in ensuring a proper framework is in place to support the firm’s AML, CIP and CDD Programs, as well as training, risk assessments, and guidance to business partners. The successful candidate demonstrates deep subject matter knowledge across Financial Crimes, including Anti-Bribery and Corruption.What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Develop and maintain risk-based AML, CIP and CDD Programs and work across all business lines to ensure that policies and procedures support the program elements and that any gaps are identified and actioned.
- Create an Annual Training Program to meet the requirements of the USA PATRIOT Act and targeted training, as necessary, to supplement the annual requirement.
- Prepare annual “FFIEC-like” risk assessments and work closely with the Enterprise Risk Assessment team.
- Build a risk-based Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) program.
- Act as a liaison between Internal Audit and the Financial Crimes team during all examinations.
- Work closely with all appropriate parties on Financial Crimes related regulatory examinations.
- Provide guidance on related rules and regulations as well as approving any exceptions related to policies and procedures that support Financial Crimes.
- Create a centralized process around all risk-related recommendations for account closures, including tracking, reporting and follow-up.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, in a related field
- 3+ years working in AML or an ABC related compliance function
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively manage several priorities
- Prior experience in creating ABC programs
- Strong knowledge of both AML and broad-based knowledge of Broker-Dealer operations
- General financial services industry experience as a regulator, within compliance, audit, or risk.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).