Senior Financial Analyst at Beta Bionics (Remote)
Beta Bionics, Inc. is a medical technology company working to commercialize the world’s first bionic pancreas called the iLet®. The iLet bionic pancreas is a wearable investigational device designed to autonomously control glucose in people with diabetes or other conditions of glycemic dysregulation.
Fueled by investments from high-profile funds and strategic partners and leveraging technology backed by years of clinical data, we are now entering a tremendously exciting phase in our development as we have begun our pivotal clinical trial and prepare to begin our anticipated commercialization of the iLet bionic pancreas.
Beta Bionics is a public benefit corporation. This means we are a for-profit company with obligations to serve both our public benefit mission and shareholders’ interests. Beta Bionics is also a certified B Corporation; and as such accountable to operate with high standards of transparency, sustainability and accountability to our customers, employees, business partners, society, and the environment.
Successful candidates will be working with highly experienced colleagues, who are amongst the best in their fields and dedicated to bringing to market our truly disruptive technology. We have a mission-driven, passionate and collaborative culture where you will have a high degree of empowerment and opportunity to make a significant impact.
Please contact us if you fit the profile below and if you are interested in joining us on this journey to achieve Beta Bionics’ bold commitment to the millions of people waiting for the iLet bionic pancreas!
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for sales forecasting model development, total company operating expense, headcount analysis and assisting the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager with the overall forecasting needs of the Company including annual operating plans, quarterly reforecasts and 5-year planning. Additionally, this individual will partner with business leaders across the organization to develop financial models and analysis which will be instrumental in the Company’s decision-making process. This role will be the financial lens into departmental spend and headcount related expenses. This individual will compile all month end close financials and report out all headcount related changes vs budget. Additionally, this individual will partner with business leaders across the organization to develop financial models and analysis which will be instrumental in the Company’s decision-making process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
[Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Qualified candidates who need a reasonable accommodation with the application process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position should notify the company’s HR contact at [email protected]]
- Assist and improve the quarterly budget process
- Provide monthly and quarterly analysis on all department budget vs actual results
- Support development of the Company’s sales forecasting models
- Develop and maintain product level reporting to assist in commercialized budget vs actuals
- Support and assist in developing the strategic direction of the financial systems reporting structure and design
- Act as system administrator for financial planning and reporting tool (Prophix), with directional support from manager that reflects strategic and business initiatives and strengthens accountability, compliance, information quality, efficiency, and sustainability
- Analyze existing systems and process workflow with the objective to design and recommend new solutions that can better support evolving reporting needs using automation for scalability.
- Work closely with stakeholders to drive initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the Company’s financial and business processes
- Integrate data from existing business systems to provide accessibility to and reporting of data currently residing in separate silos
- Other ad hoc projects to support the Company
- Consider the beneficiaries of Beta Bionics’ Public Benefit Mission with all actions and decisions
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3+ years of progressive Financial Analyst experience in the manufacturing and/or life sciences industries and private/public company experience in related industry.
- Strong technical knowledge of financial forecasting and reporting tools.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and well-known Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and GAAP,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations.
- Pays strict attention to detail.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Experience budgeting within financial planning and reporting tools
- Experience at a rapidly growing manufacturing or life sciences company
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to be independently mobile . The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with co-workers
- This position requires travel up to 10% depending upon business needs
- Training and mentorship with ongoing learning and development courses
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 401(k) program with employer match
- Generous vacation accrual and paid holiday schedule
It is the policy of Beta Bionics to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Beta Bionics will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.