Senior Financial Analyst at Berkadia (Philadelphia, PA)
The Senior Financial Analyst is an expert on market elements that impact Multifamily Commercial Real Estate and can perform in-depth financial analysis to evaluate Multifamily Commercial Real Estate assets. This person will assist the Investments Sales team with financial analysis and preparing market data in a written format to be utilized in various client-facing documents and presentations. This position is best suited for candidates with long-term aspirations to grow with the team and are results-driven, passionate about perfection, and excited about the opportunity. The role will have a strong focus on quantitative analysis and financial modeling matched with practical business application.
- Develop and maintain sophisticated financial underwriting models for commercial real estate development, acquisition and disposition.
- Breakdown and analyze P&L statements and rent rolls.
- Utilize and maintain databases that track investment sales activity, construction pipeline, and other relevant real estate metrics.
- Review industry surveys and benchmarks, economic and demographic trends.
- Actively assist in the research, writing, and proofing of market intelligence for marketing materials.
- Assist with preparing and presenting the results of the analysis, including graphics and charts, in a clear and concise manner.
- Assist with the management and document listing agreements and contracts of sale in compliance with corporate and appropriate Department of Real Estate requirements, as needed.
- Help to manage coordination of documents related to closings and following up on required items when necessary.
- Compose miscellaneous real estate documentation including real estate listing agreements, receipt for commission funds, real estate purchase agreements, and supporting transaction data.
- Establish strong working relationships with the team to understand and identify their needs for market intelligence.
Skills and Compliance
Adhere to Berkadia’s policies and exhibit proficiency and understanding of Berkadia’s Values and position-specific skills.
- Exceptionally strong Excel modeling skills, with experience with VBA and complex formulas
- Experience with data analytics such as demographics, competitors, industry and real estate trends, etc.
- Ability to simplify and effectively communicate complex ideas in writing and through data visualization techniques to diverse audiences.
- Organized and highly meticulous; accustomed to allocating sufficient time to double-check work
- Ability to think commercially about the needs and requirements of different client groups, including investment management firms, brokers, and lenders
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and deliver results with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively both as an individual and as part of a team are necessary
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) a plus.
- Willingness to travel as required
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such accommodations by emailing: [email protected]
Berkadia does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any salary-related information you see posted externally has not been provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.