Karat’s purpose is to Unlock Opportunity for engineers and companies alike, and our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. As the world’s technical hiring expert, we help companies hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a passionate, smart, and committed team, and we want you to join our mission!Come join our Finance team!
Our Finance team is committed to building a scalable foundation by providing in-depth, insightful analyses of all financial drivers that help inform and contribute to the success and growth of Karat. We sit at the center of data and information, and it is our mission to transform these insights into meaningful decisions.What you will do
As a Senior Financial Analyst at Karat, you will build analyses, models, and reports to provide measurable data to the organization. This position requires an analytical mindset, a high level of accountability, good judgment, attention to detail, and desire for building and maintaining strong partnerships across various partners so our leaders have the information required to make the best overall decisions.
- Advise stakeholders in the development and implementation of business strategy goals and P&L targets.
- Prepares the forecast for future business financial needs.
- Analyze, evaluate, and maintain an understanding of the organization’s model and processes in order to ensure efficiency across functions and profitability.
- Consolidate data from various sources and prepare daily, weekly and monthly reporting to drive performance measurement.
- Support the annual planning / forecasting process by preparing financial analysis and modeling; recommending future expense targets; and analyzing business performance in partnership with cross-functional areas.
- Analyze the financial impacts of the company’s near- and long- term objectives through collaboration with broader FP&A team and key business partners.
- Work closely with key cross-functional teams by analyzing the business and uncovering actionable insights that drive improved financial and performance diagnostics.
- Assist with various activities to enhance the accuracy and ensure timely delivery of financial results for close. Collaborate with members of the Finance and Accounting teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, related field, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of financial analysis experience (e.g. budgeting, forecasting, and modeling)
- 3+ years of experience in reporting and analysis on business results, including performing variance analysis and communicating important takeaways to Senior Leadership
- Comfortable working tactically and strategically (no job too small mentality) — there will be a lot of getting into the weeds to drive direct impact daily.
- Previous experience supporting full P&L required
- Advanced Excel skills with a deep understanding of model architecture, formula efficiency and pivot tables
- Experience working with our current tech stack: Google Suite, Sage Intacct, and Salesforce a plus
- Self-starter, with strong ability to work with minimal direction and to set effective project plans
- Highly detail oriented and focus on accuracy; able to translate big-picture analysis while never losing sight of the finer points
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Parental Leave (12 weeks paid with transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].