Senior Financial Analyst at arrivia (Phoenix, AZ)
About This Job:
The Senior Financial Analyst position is part of the finance team at arrivia reporting to the Director of FP&A. The primary function of the role is business partnering with operations to help them understand and achieve their financial goals as outlined by the annual budget and forecast updates throughout the year. This requires the creation of timely and meaningful financial reporting, modeling, or any other analyses that add value to the organization.
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Create and maintain financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular business partner/functional reviews
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Completes all other duties and tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in the finance function
- Experience in cross-functional communication
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly driven and self-motivated performer, able to juggle competing demands and priorities simultaneously, drive projects to “get stuff done”
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and how these concepts translate into a profit and loss statement
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, proactive, and comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to dig deep, summarize and communicate complex information in a straightforward manner
Who We Are:
Welcome to arrivia. We specialize in making brands better through the power of travel. With more than 55 years of combined experience, we’re a merger of three powerhouse brands (in case you’ve heard of us in the travel industry) combining ICE, SOR Technology and WMPH Vacations. With offices on both coasts of the US and around the world, we embrace diversity and a passion for travel across our global staff.
We’re focused on building a customer-first culture, fueled by the best travel experiences for all our members at every point in their journey. Grow with us, as we continue our path to deliver innovative solutions and take charge of change. The adventure is only beginning. We’re on a mission to help people around the world travel better and experience more. Our team members bring world-class skills to the table to create extraordinary memories for our partners and members.
Our Core Values:
Here at arrivia we…
- Stay Curious - Explore new challenges and make space to learn, grow and improve
- Keep it Real - Earn trust through open, honest and clear communication
- Own it - Seek ways to make an impact and take action.
- Win Together - Create a culture of connection and inclusion where everyone can be their best