As a Senior Financial Analyst at CNA, you will be a key Finance partner responsible for providing financial expertise and insights that enable effective decisions making within the business. This position performs complex financial analysis, translates analytics into actionable insights, generates monthly reporting packages, and collaborates with senior leaders. More specifically, the position partners closely with the Specialty Underwriting organization to optimize and streamline reporting and build out a suite of analytical resources to drive business performance, staffing allocations, forecasting and planning.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, agile team-player that possesses a strong analytical toolset, has a passion for difficult challenges and a willingness to rapidly iterate. Strong communication skills and experience presenting to senior leaders are a requirement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Leverages available technologies and expertise of subject matter experts to analyze business results and identify key financial drivers.
- Prepares, analyzes, and reviews financial results packages.
- Effectively communicates findings and recommendations to management.
- Develops effective partnerships with stakeholders to understand key priorities and to develop the analytical tools to help the business execute.
- Collaborates in the development of long-range financial forecasts and related budgets, considering alternative scenarios as needed.
- Offers a continuous improvement mindset by identifying solutions leading to efficiency gains or new/better work products.
- Participates in assigned special projects.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically reports to Director or above.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of corporate and developmental accounting/finance practices, procedures and GAAP and/or Statutory principles.
- Strong knowledge of the insurance industry.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to independently identify, prioritize, analyze and resolve complex situations.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
- Ability to clearly present and contextualize complex information to senior leadership.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build and maintain strong relationships with business area leadership to establish trust and credibility.
- Possesses experience and demonstrates agility in leveraging technology tools for nimble financial modeling and scenario analysis.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Tableau, Alteryx, Workday, Adaptive Insights, Thoughtspot, and Looker a plus.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or equivalent.
- Typically a minimum two to four years of related accounting or financial analysis experience.