The Property & Casualty Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Senior Financial Analyst is an individual contributor responsible for the reporting, analysis, forecasting, and budgeting of business unit results. As a senior financial expert, this role will generate monthly reporting packages, perform complex financial analysis, translate analytics into actionable insights, and provide recommendations to management. This role partners closely with the Specialty Underwriting organization to optimize and streamline reporting, and build out a suite of analytical resources to drive business performance, staffing allocations, forecasting and planning.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, agile team-player that possesses a strong analytical toolset, has a passion for difficult challenges and a willingness to rapidly iterate, working with cross-functional teams to drive meaningful impact to the business. This position requires strong communication skills and experience presenting to senior leadership.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Prepares, analyzes, and reviews financial results packages. Determines reporting requirements, anomalies, trends and necessary analysis.
- Collaborates in the development of long-range financial forecasts and related budgets considering alternative scenarios as needed.
- Leverages available technologies and expertise of subject matter experts to analyze business results and identify key financial drivers. Effectively communicates findings and recommendations to management.
- Develops effective partnerships with stakeholders to understand key priorities and develop the analytical tools to help the business execute.
- Offers a continuous improvement mindset by identifying solutions leading to efficiency gains or new/better work products.
- Participates in assigned special projects.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically reports to Director or above.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of corporate and developmental accounting/finance practices, procedures and principles as well as strong knowledge of the insurance industry. Solid knowledge of GAAP and/or Statutory accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to independently identify, prioritize, analyze and resolve complex situations.
- Ability to clearly present and contextualize complex information to senior leadership.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build and maintain strong relationships with business area leadership to establish trust and credibility.
- Possesses experience and demonstrates agility in leveraging technology tools for nimble financial modeling and scenario analysis. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Tableau, Alteryx, Workday, Adaptive Insights, Thoughtspot, and Looker a plus.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in accounting or finance, or equivalent.
- Typically a minimum two to four years of related financial analysis experience.