PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo or San Diego
The Sr. Financial Analyst will be a finance business partner to Sony PlayStation Studios with a focus on planning, reporting and business case analysis. We are looking for a candidate with gaming industry experience or who has a passion for gaming and eagerness to learn. The role will also provide finance support to any projects for the studio including external contracting, developer relationships and project approvals. Given the dynamic nature of the role responsibilities describe below not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned. This role is a California Based position and will report to Finance Director of Playstation Studios - Internal.
- Facilitate budget, forecast, and mid-range planning process for internal studios
- Create monthly financial reporting and conduct analysis across all internally-produced title lineup
- Lead monthly financial review meetings with studio leadership and provide variance analysis to central finance team
- Ensuring month end close and period end reporting activities are executed in line with the internal requirements
- Collaborate closely with corporate finance and accounting groups for accounting policy, developer royalties and regional differences
- Report on performance critical metrics including headcount, out-of-budget expenses, and product P&L
- Understand drivers of product P&L and present to studio staff for clarification and calculation of profit share
- Lead product and department finance process from title creation, greenlight, development, launch, and ongoing support
- Perform ad-hoc analysis for title performance and operational efficiency
- Collaborate closely between studio & service group financial analysts and central finance team to coordinate initiatives and deepen relationships
- Bachelors degree in Finance or other related field
- At least 5-7 years' experience working in a financial environment with involvement in management reporting and budgeting/forecasting.
- Strong understanding and experience with financial planning concepts including variance analysis, capacity/utilization, and general accounting. International experience or experience with a multi-national company a plus
- Ability to manage regional budgets and global consolidation. Familiarity with SAP, Cognos, TM1 or Adaptive planning preferred.
- Ability to develop partnerships inside and outside the department through effective communication, positive demeanor, and professionalism
- Must possess a high degree of attention to detail and organization
- Passion and energy for working in gaming industry
- Strong ability to translate analysis into insights and findings and storytelling-style presentations
- Excellent data analysis and financial modeling skills, including proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, working through uncertainty under various time constraints
- Strong work ethic and ability to maintain confidentiality a must
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross functional teams
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.