The Senior Financial Analyst position is part of CNA's Investments & Treasury Division. CNA and its subsidiaries maintain a $45+ billion investment portfolio primarily comprised of fixed income securities with an allocation to alternative investments.
The primary responsibility for the role is preparation of management reporting deliverables, including analysis of results, investing activities, and portfolio exposure. The individual will be required to interpret and summarize results as well as provide insights into variances to prior periods and plan. They will also lead projects and own key team objectives as required by the organization's business needs.
This role offers an opportunity to collaborate across the Investments & Treasury division and with other business units, including but not limited to long-term care reserving, enterprise risk management, corporate development and our asset managers in order to ensure alignment on business objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Participates in defining the issues and scope of assigned projects; suggests approach and methodology and enhances analysis where applicable.
2. Maintenance and streamlining of monthly portfolio presentation including key summary for CIO, CFO and Treasurer.
3. Proactively investigate anomalies and variances in data.
4. Prepares and presents interpretations of findings for leadership within Investments & Treasury Division and broader corporate partners.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of financial strategies or tactics.
6. Interacts and coordinates with other departments to address business issues and meet organizational objectives.
7. Supports efforts in net investment income planning and variance analysis, rating agency reviews, quarterly earnings analysis, peer analysis, and development of ad-hoc management level reporting.
8. May have opportunity to f ocus on limited partnership investments including fund administration, coordinating cash movements, quantitative analysis, accounting support and reporting as well as ad hoc projects.
Director or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Strong investments acumen, particularly fixed income concepts, with the ability to apply knowledge to business facts and circumstances.
2. Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles, practices and procedures which may include technical experience in balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows.
3. Excellent project management, organizing, and planning skills with proven ability to manage competing priorities and execute deliverables in a timely fashion.
4. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve issues of a complex nature.
5. Strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
6. Very strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business
2. Typically three to five years of related financial analysis experience
3. Pursuit of CFA designation a plus