Senior Financial Analyst - Investment Reporting at CNA
The Senior Financial Analyst position is part of CNA's Investments & Treasury Division. This division is responsible for managing the firm's trade settlement, analysis, accounting and reporting for the firm's $45+ billion investment portfolio, as well as bank relationships and cash management activities. This role offers an opportunity to collaborate across the division, with various business units outside of Investments & Treasury and with asset managers in order to align strategic initiatives with daily activities.
Specifically, this individual will serve to ensure the integrity of financial information used in the company's external and internal investment-related reporting on a U.S. GAAP and Statutory basis. They will collaborate with management to develop procedures to enable timely and informative reporting of financial data and assist with the review and coordination of more junior staff during the monthly, quarterly, and annual close.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities may include:
1. Prepares and reviews support for financial schedules and disclosures. Performs analysis of financial results and prepares appropriate commentary or explanations for submission to management.
2. Provides advice on accounting matters such as the implications of new accounting pronouncements or classification of transactions for Balance Sheet or Income Statement presentation.
3. Participates in defining the issues and scope of assigned projects; suggests approach and methodology, and enhances analysis where applicable. Assists in the development and implementation of financial strategies or tactics.
4. Interacts and coordinates with other departments to address business issues and meet organizational objectives.
5. Participates in Sarbanes-Oxley reviews as needed. Completes audit requests, as required.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Director or Above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Excellent organization, planning and time management skills. Proven ability to manage competing priorities and execute deliverables in a timely fashion.
2. Act like an owner by taking pride in your work and acting with a sense of urgency.
3. Strong analytical skills and ability to solve problems creatively by using your imagination, valuing diverse ideas, embracing change, and making processes as efficient as possible.
4. Ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships with external and internal customers, peers, and management.
5. Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
6. Technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP and Statutory accounting principles and investment portfolio concepts.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
2. Typically two or more years of related experience.
3. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation a plus.