We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is looking for a highly motivated finance professional to join our Finance team and play a key role in our continued growth and achievement of operational excellence. The Senior Analyst of Finance must possess a deductive mind, an ability to communicate complex ideas to senior business managers, and a desire to make a meaningful impact on a dynamic, high-growth technology company.
Ideal candidate is extremely detail-oriented, well-organized, has the ability to multitask, possesses exceptional written and verbal communication skills and thrives in a fun, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Partner with Product leaders on short- and long-term financial planning
- Provide Product leaders with insights to manage full P&L - revenue, headcount and expenses
- Develop dashboards to track and report on KPIs
- Manage the annual, quarterly, and monthly forecast process
- Review budget and forecast variances to actual
- Provide financial modeling, analytics and recommendation in support of investment moves
- Ensure that the various reporting systems and source data are accurate and reconciled
- Perform ad hoc projects and investigation as needed
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum 3+ years professional work experience in corporate finance (specifically financial planning & analysis), accounting, investment banking, and/or consulting
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling experience
- Proficiency with SQL
- Ability to work autonomously and as a self-starter; adaptable and able to react quickly to changing business needs
- Excellent deductive, project management, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Extremely detail oriented with an ability to multitask in a high growth environment
- Highly process oriented and can manage projects across departments
- B.S. or B.A. in accounting, finance, math, economics, business, engineering or other technical field required; advanced degrees a plus
- Knowledge of Anaplan a plus
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado is $127,075 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.