Senior Financial Analyst - Growth at Vacasa (Remote)
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Finance at Vacasa?
Finance at Vacasa is much more than dollars and analytics, it’s about building relationships across the organization to increase trust, partnership, and creating one shared source of truth and the ability for people to collaborate, healthily disagree and work together to achieve great outcomes. It’s about helping the organization accurately reflect performance and to see around the corner and understand how performance today impacts us over the next 12-24 months and highlights the areas of focus that have the greatest impact. We strive to be a trusted business partner which requires intellect, collaboration, curiosity, dedication and ingenuity to achieve. Our team works together to find and implement solutions in the face of challenges at every turn. We make it happen and we grow--ourselves and our company.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Finance & Business Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Director, Revenue FP&A Your main focus will be on modeling the growth of new vacasa managed homes. You will work closely with Sales and Marketing executives to understand and forecast unit growth. There will also be routine problem solving exercises and ad-hoc analysis to support key business decisions. You must be able to break down large and sometimes messy data sets to identify trends to help leadership understand our growth trajectory. This won't be a monotonous job - the business challenges are constant, and the solutions ever changing. The ability to jump into uncharted waters and manage multiple projects with changing priorities is a must.
You'll need to know your way around excel, have some experience in statistics and SQL, and a solid common/business sense to translate data into solutions. This will be a fast-paced role with ample opportunity to interact with many functions of the company.
What You'll Do:
- Build models and forecast new homeowner units sales utilizing both an analytical approach and partnering with Sales and Marketing as their single point of contact
- Forecast homeowner unit lifecycle from the point of sale and in some cases to attrition
- Analyze and support calculations of efficiencies of Marketing campaigns, including market level planning
- Headcount planning and productivity analysis
- Provide leadership with insights into underlying business drivers to support key decision making
- Develop strong partnerships between data engineering, marketing, finance, and other business functions.
- Communicate your findings to a diverse set of stakeholders
Skills You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline such as finance, economics, statistics, math, etc
- Advanced Excel experience (lookups, logic functions, etc.)
- Experience working with relationship databases using SQL
- Very strong data modeling skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Extras We Would Like to Have:
- Experience with statistical modeling software such as R or Python
- Knowledge of econometric modeling (regression, time series experience, etc)
- 3-5 years in business/finance analytics
- Experience forecast revenue in a Marketplace company
- Ability to work from home and resides in one of the followings states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, or WY
$70,000 - $100,000 DOE
What you'll get:
- Health/dental/vision insurance—employee & family coverage options
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings.
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.