Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A at Ancestry (Provo, UT)
| Provo, UT
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:28 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, June 29, 2022
When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among families and communities. Our talented team of scientists, engineers, genealogists, historians, and storytellers is dedicated to empowering customers around the world from all backgrounds on their journeys of personal discovery.
With more than 30+ billion digitized global historical records, 100+ million family trees, and 20+ million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family story and gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? You belong at Ancestry.
Ancestry has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Financial Analyst to join the FP&A team in support of corporate FP&A and various strategic finance projects across the organization. This position will report to the Director of FP&A and will be responsible for supporting key business performance reporting including: monthly and quarterly business forecasts and reviews, annual budget development, ad-hoc financial modeling, and other related responsibilities. In this role, you will analyze financial and operational data, compile reports, build financial models, and prepare recommendations to Senior Management.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and presentation skills, financial modeling skills, a firm understanding of finance and accounting concepts, experience working within a fast-paced finance team, superb analytical abilities, and strong business partnering skills.
What You'll Do:
- Experience with financial reporting and income statement forecasting and analysis
- Assist in timely preparation of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting as well as ad-hoc financial analysis/special projects
- Develop and implement FP&A best practices, procedures, and processes to drive forecast & planning, business insight and analysis to support senior leadership team
- Understand and analyze business units monthly/quarterly financial results (vs. forecast, prior year, budget) and clearly articulate themes and performance drivers; this includes driving efforts to understand root causes of variances and making recommendations to enhance business performance
- Collaborate cross functionally as a “business partner” to drive continuous improvement in reporting, forecasting, budgeting, and analysis processes
- Create and manage improvements to financial reporting templates, current reporting hierarchy, and general FP&A-related business practices
- Tracking KPIs and understanding key business drivers
- Have a willingness to understand the business, end-markets, competitive environment, industry peer group and general economic conditions that impact the company
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, management, or finance required
- 3+ years of financial analysis and forecasting experience
- Strong business partnering skills and holistic view of business strategy, processes, and objectives
- Advanced MS Excel, PowerPoint, and other MS Office Suite skills
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and financial principles
- Strong financial modeling, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with internet, technology, and/or content driven companies preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fun, fast-paced environment
- Experience with IBM Planning Analytics (TM1) and Oracle Financials or comparable technologies preferred
- Strong presentation and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team
For information on our benefits, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers.
Benefits include: 401K Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Life & Accident Insurance, 12 Paid Holidays, Flexible Vacation PTO, Sick Leave, Volunteer Time, Employer Perks: Ancestry Subscription and Discounts for Employee, Commuting and Parking Benefits, Ski Passes, Employee Referral, Fitness Reimbursement
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
More Information on Ancestry
Ancestry operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Lehi, UT, Englewood, CO and San Francisco, CA. Ancestry was founded in 1983. It has 1725 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 65 open jobs at Ancestry, click here.
Read Full Job Description