Senior Finance Systems and Data Manager at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a seasoned Finance Systems Business Lead to shape the future of our finance systems and data architecture to meet the company's growing reporting, operational and functional needs.What you'll work on:
- Working with the finance organization to define a finance systems roadmap that addresses future needs of the business and provide solutions that will scale with the Company's rapid multi-national growth.
- Defining criteria and requirements and lead the evaluation, selection and implementation of new finance systems (e.g. ERP, Procurement, Treasury Management, Planning and Forecasting), working in close partnership with the finance functional leaders and teams.
- Providing support to the users of our finance systems and acting as lead for company-wide finance system projects.
- Partnering cross-functionally with other departments and specifically with our IT team (who manage system administration on an ongoing basis).
- Identifying, recommending and driving implementation of system improvements to enhance the efficiency and quality of data, reporting and processes.
- Evaluating the impact of new products, organizational and legal entity changes and ensuring that our finance systems are equipped to handle the impact of changes.
- Working with the Finance, Engineering, Data, ERM and Security teams to ensure SOX, internal control and audit expectations for finance systems are met.
- Maintaining existing systems and refining and updating as necessary due to changes and scaling in the business.
You will aspire to our four core values;
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, ideally with experience in consulting or project management; financial services and technology sector experience is highly desirable.
- Prior experience leading finance systems evaluation, assessment,selection and integration
- Strong understanding of key finance business processes.
- Proficiency in interviewing, collecting and interpreting requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with strong customer service orientation.
- Strong project management skills and ability to galvanize teams around key project deliverables and goals.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, systems, accounting or relevant discipline.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote